Casting speed should reduce endlag

it’s never fair but it shouldn’t be straight up unwinnable :fr:

no because perfect blocks still exist

even if it becomes a mindless spam at least it turns fast paced :fr:

deceleration ≠ immobilization

That’s where I’ll agree with you, but 1. people have proven that it is winnable when played smartly and 2. you would need a lot of skill in anything to win this situation

Sure, but your health is still being drained while they lose nothing in return because it’s so safe. Even with this, it’s the same issue but blocking prolongs the spam time

That’s not what makes good combat, but ig that isn’t your focus idk

Immobilization is your vulnerability and it’s present in virtually all fighting games. Deceleration is pretty much that but doesn’t serve the purpose as well (depending on its severity)

soz for slow responses, I’m in class rn

mmyes tfw you have to use guerilla tactics because your skill is lowered due to the skill ceiling being low because of immobilization

ye but dodging is gonna be a thing in the future and you can still high jump to try and avoid explosion spells

I like speed

wom is like the only game I know that has this kind of immobilization

and immobilization is not a vulnerability, it’s a stupid gimmick to force a certain playstyle

@liu
@Pedro

stop arguing lol
i have a solution
the amount that casting speed decreases the startup time should be halved, but it should decrease the endlag the same amount it decreases the startup

1 Like

guerrilla tactics are allowed and it isn’t because immobilization; it’s because it’s a 2v1

Then they just re-aim and continue the spam, or it’s a simple uno-reverse bur still a spam.

Doesn’t mean good combat, which is what most people are looking for it seems

My main comparison is Smash Bros., since I’ve more experience fighting there, but consider landing frames, start-up frames, landing lag, etc. Those are points of immobilized vulnerability.

I don’t see how it isn’t vulnerability, it gives you the opportunity to assess and react while the other can do nothing but learn and adapt from the punish (or keep going if you don’t punish). How’s it force a play style anyway?

I’m not gonna argue with this 'cause it’s not really what I’m trying to get at (and I don’t find anything too janky/broken about it) Someone with more experience in WoM specifically can critique it, but I just have a problem with the complete removal of any immobilization since that’s the only truly vulnerable period. Is it really long? Too long, even? Yeah, maybe. But it still should be there to punish mindless gameplay.

You spam this “immobilization bad!” shit everywhere I thought you were trolling at first… do you even realize how FUCKED removing immobilization would make the game? Blasts, bows, and every projectile would become completely useless, people could run away while throwing attacks behind them, high jumping would basically be a complete dodge since itd be impossible to hit someone if they’re falling from a high jump and using a spell, and the game would become full on placed explosion spam

15 Likes

i mean, i guess casting speed doesn’t really need to effect endlag, i use it to increase firing rate anyway lol

wait nvm didn’t read your reply correctly
disregard this

I meant to edit this in earlier than I did, but I don’t find any glaring problems with the idea (except for way late game ofc), which is also a main reason I didn’t go after it. I could see this being worked in with tweaks to adjust for the kind of affect this would have late-game

o lol

why the actual hell would blasts become completely useless? like the way arrows are currently made? obviously but blasts dude? they literally have an explosive aoe and deal good damage how the hell would they become useless???

wow bro so it’s better if they can run away most of the time without any problem because the hunter is sometimes unable to cast a single fucking spell without increasing the distance between themselves and the runner?

why would it be impossible bruh there’s a video of a dude sniping people in the air with GOLD magic ffs, + if we were able to move while casting a spell we would be able to adjust our aim more so it would be even easier to hit a falling target EASIER than it is now

AND ALSO
on the topic of complete dodge spells

what the fuck is hover even gonna do? it’s literally a full dodge against shit that aren’t an explosion :fr:

Then. penalize. casting. aoe. spells. with. something. different. than. a. complete. fucking. stop. that. gets. punished. almost. every. time. it. is. fucking. used.

like ion know man how about a reduction in walkspeed than a total fucking disconnection from your character :fr

Anyone with a brain knows that immobilization is better for the game, just because you aren’t used to it doesn’t mean its bad. Sorry for not being like every other shitty roblox game with PvP where you can run around while throwing attacks and it looks like shit

2 Likes

anyone with a brain would at least test it unless it requires a change in 2 fucking trillion variables

nah bro I got used to it and this shit is still annoying, it just makes the skill ceiling low as shit

never even said you have to be like those shitty button mash games

I don’t think you realize that combat became way faster paced and the skill ceiling rose when the casting speed/endlag reduction for blast spells occurred. Way better solution than removing immobilization for EVERYTHING, which would require numerous changes to make good and ultimately be a waste of development time. The current system is fine as is.

2 Likes

gee

less immobilization = faster combat

surprise!!!

(too bad for some reason it got toned down a bit)

immobilization doesn’t have to be completely removed

I just don’t think it should be on every single god damn spell that isn’t a melee slash

Why do you play this game if you dislike one of its core features so much?

It actually just makes everything safe and boring to watch/play. The ceiling gets lower as gameplay becomes braindead

3 Likes

immobilization isn’t a core feature

call ebg boring and safe to play and then we’ll talk

HNNGGH yes I said ebg which is an unbalanced piece of shit but shut

ebg is annoying to play
also WoM is supposed to be aerial-based combat

Sorry, I just mean the general combat (of which immobilization is a big part)

I’m calling explosion spamming safe and boring

I’m not testing it because this is how I WANT combat to be in my game, obviously at lower levels its less punishable and since there’s not much variation in combat it can be repetitive, both of these are things that will improve with time.

EBG is a shit game and its combat is ugly and terrible. Adding immobilization also allows for vertical-based combat, which adds another layer that no other games have unless you count the basic Roblox spacebar jumping

yea I know ebg is annoying to play because of the sheer amount of insta kill button mashers and some spells being stupidly overpowered and the game in general being grindy af
but yea

and even if wom is supposed to be aerial based, how are super-high level battles going to look with immobilization in place? is it just gonna be long range beam spamming or the same stuff that we have now

i’d imagine high level combat would be more close range