Challenge Run Section/Category

I would like to propose a potential category that could be added to the forums for challenge runs. The following is my reasoning:

Overview:
The reason behind this suggestion is because I believe that there should be an easily acessible place where players can post challenge runs. This section could require a new forum role, which has an application where the player posts a valid run/boss fight that fits criteria stated in a pinned message. This message could contain rules for each type of challenge run.

Run Validation:
This brings up the problem of how these runs will be moderated or validated, however. Depending on how active this section is, validation might take too much work for the existing mod team. As such, runs could be community validated via reactions. I’m not completely sure about the mechanics of how this forum works, but if it is possible, the challenge run section could have specific reaction emotes that correspond to a valid or invalid run. Any post that seems to have a significant discrepancy may still need to be validated by a moderator, however. one where people post challenge runs for validation, and one where valid runs are sent).

Types of runs:
Specific runs could be grouped into named categories. An example might be a no skill points, no equipment run, which might be coined “Hell Mode” or something more specific to the challenge itself. The rules might be formatted as such:
[Name of challenge] Rules:

• No equipment (not including vanity)
  • No skill points spent
  • Level 1 old dagger ONLY (no shields)
  • No meal buffs
  • Solo (no help from others)
  • Progress normally (no passing level blocks before defeating the bosses that precede them)

Every boss fight for this run must be recorded in full. You must show your inventory, the player info page, and hover over the old dagger to verify level.

Reasoning:
Currently, I feel that there is no fitting place to AO post challenge runs, but I would love if something like this could be added here or to the discord. Thank you for reading!

Im not gonna fight elius with 600 health and a 10 damage old dagger :broken_heart:
challenge accepted

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea

1 Like

Are you insane? That is literally impossible, especially Calvus. Since you’re locked to M1s, his pillar attack may be almost impossible to completely avoid since you’d have to jump into the air to M1 and cancel him…

1 Like

(edited) I have done this run minus the no meal buffs and no equipment conditions, see the next reply

Here; note that I did use a food buff and armor/equips, which is why my next challenge run is going to be without those two.