Changes for Elysium to Improve Combat as Whole

Changes for Elysium to Improve Combat as Whole https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/9/1/917278642c4d0c55a10b8327f4cc0143ce8c728b.png
effort 4.823529411764706 17 quality 4.578947368421052 19 reasonability 4.434782608695652 23

i didnt know i became vetex overnight

You’re the one that showed up and started spouting meaningless weak excuses, I want to know why, do you have a reason?

i literally reposted one of vetex’s messages

You need to make your own opinions and views, genuinely.
If the best you can do is repost a message without any thought or reason of your own, rethink it.

2 Likes

tf bro ur just calling everything weak

he posted vetex msg to let you know that it’s not gonna happen??

alright guess ill never tell you if one of your suggestions is already declined then

now if you asked me personally for my view on the matter, i think itd be kinda cringe to see all the pvpheads in elysium 24/7 but at least they wouldnt annoy me in the main game so whatever
people play for different reasons whatever if i like it or not

This suggestion serves the singular goal of letting the average player have a place where they can reliably become experienced enough at combat to fight back against said people bothering you in the main game.

the “average player” is gonna join it once to see it and then leave

I’m calling it weak because it is.
None of these excuses hold up to any amount of thought whatsoever.

Do you want me to lie to your face and tell you that you’re making good points instead?

bro what about that thought that this game is meant to be in the sea and elysium is solely for tournaments etc and not regular pvp

While I agree 100% with this idea, it’s a sad truth that Vetex probably wouldn’t let this happen. He already has gone on record to say that he intended to add private servers specifically for Elysium, but couldn’t figure out the documentation. That’s not exactly the free idea you’d hope for. Even so, I hope this gets added exactly like this. It’s a great system, perfect for players to train in PvP without having to risk anything (including expensive consumables)

2 Likes

Optical. Listen.
If I thought that was a good reason to go back on this I wouldn’t have written this suggestion.
Plain and simple.

I feel like this is exactly what AO needs to stay active between updates. Sure after the next update they will come each month but i feel like this suggestion will keep more players engaged during the month after they experienced the new content.

This also gives new players an option to try PvP without needing to be ganked.

More reserved players would also benefit from this duel request system as asking someone in a chat can be a hard thing to do when u really dont like asking people for things. Similiare to our current trading system of just sending a request instead of needing to go to the player initate a trade live.

Even if Vertex rn said he doesnt wanna do something like this we need to support this idea or similare ones as it would benefit the game even if Vertex doesnt see it as such rn. Thats why these forums exist after all.

3 Likes

Thing is regular PVP is a struggle to find. Asking around random people for a 1v1 is a time consuming process. Same with finding a active PVP hub to serve the same purpose.

The openworld combat and bounty hunting for casual fights isn’t the same thing as a arena fight where both players are willing and prepared.
It’s insanely hard to catch someone who just doesn’t want to fight.

I don’t have a fix for bounty hunting and openworld PVP in AO though.
I also dislike ship combat so that isn’t helping my dislike for the openworld PVP.

1 Like

Precisely!!
If vetex wasn’t in some way willing to accept ideas from here and change his mind on things then this category literally wouldn’t exist for us to write suggestions in the first place.

1 Like

Im a tad mixed on the suggestion… But it seems reasonable enough… One side i see how its really helpful, but on the other side why is that damn portal behind the stepstones… And… We woudlnt really need arena islands… Which is sad :<

man may be out of topic but I feel pvp is garbage in general. imagine having to farm for hours for exotic scrolls and good gear just to be on par with the rest of the playerbase… def not me

in relation to this suggestion. this is the best suggestion I’ve ever seen

Yahhhhhh… You have a point, the hardest part about pvp is spending a minimun 250 hours to be entry level in pvp…