Chapter 1:Settlement of the Northwestern Mountain (Pilot IG)

No greater storm has struck our land of Shell Island ever, it was a storm like no other, it forced the hands of the ocean to destroy our docks through ruinous purple waves. However, it would soon give life to it’s own empire to bring it’s inhabitants to Tartarus. Born from the wreckages of our docks were monsters dreamt and feared by generations before us. Elders shuddered breaths while children could be heard weeping and nagging for answers. I was the first to recognize the alien monsters, atlanteans, monsters described by few crazed sailors who dared to step foot into a sea engulfed by chaos. We overlooked from above as soldiers from Camp Gladius brisk through the bushes and arm themselves with their bronze armory. I finally took my eyes off the terrible sight and looked up only to see our knightly stars overtaken by foreboding purple shrouds. I wondered to myself, “what could’ve we possibly done to anger the gods so much that they would open the jaws of tartarus to swallow us wh-” before I could finish my thought, I heard the snarls of the warmongers. Centurions, legionnaires, and ensigns, proud soldiers who bear the insignia of Ravenna are seen revolted at the sight of this new empire. Fear was amplified throughout our people when we all witnessed a atlantean dig his sharp claws into a tribesman’s temple and tearing the young tribesman into two. At that point, I’ve lost hold of my senses, I took hold of my daughter and bursted through the harsh terrain making it to one of our many peaks that orbit our fine homeland of hunters. Finally, I get a grip over of my senses and hear my daughter speaking to me.

“Dad, Dad!” while pulling on my arm
I shook my head and acknowledged her bruised leg, thorned feet, and weeping face
I opened and scoured my bag to find the sparse medical supplies as Lif inquires me dreadfully. Then I felt an bulky arm clenching my shoulder, I pivoted quickly with my hand to see Caria, our hero.
“You would be a idiot to patch up a small wound like that” she inquired
I faintly frowned and ran my hand through my daughter’s hair as I placed the medical supplies into its original spot.
It wouldn’t take long until an centurion along with his soldiers directed many tribesmen into the peak Caria suggested
I noticed a good friend in the crowd, Modis, I quickly ran to him to embrace him
“Atleast in all this hell I was able to find you” I said as he held me with a firmer grip
Modis, a respected fellow elder of the Monoah tribe who I’ve known ever since I was a child, he matured into a man donning a well trimmed beard and brown wavy slicked back hair. Modis, even in this terrible situation, still bears his father’s necklace.
Another known face in the crowd was Adonis, said to be blessed by Artemis for his great skill over archery and hunting. A few tribesmen came to Adonis inquiring him over what tactics or possible weaknesses should be utilized in order to gain them the edge. But, their face only dimmed after inquiring.
The centurion soon gained our attention to inform us of his commands
“Luckily, while in our camp we were able to gather resources that would allow us to inhabit this peak for the next two days. Those monsters are crawling through Shell Island to catch its next prey. For now, they’re attempting to breach the defenses of settlement A, we’re settlement C. The storm will soon open it’s clouds to shower us with rain, between now and the start of the downpour we have to gain additional resources, install traps, chokepoints, and a clear shooting range for archers to provide support to defenses”
Caria would now step into the middle
“While installing traps it is crucial to not alert passing atlanteans as they might alert other atlanteans.”
The centurion nodded and stated “Lets gain our home back!”

2 Likes

Ik this chapter is a little short but I didn’t have much time today and I don’t even know if this will catch the attention of readers. I will start writing chapter 2 tomorrow and it will be much longer than this current chapter