Chapter 5: The Runthrough in Savaria

Lelantos felt a bit lost, it was his first time on a port dock, and it was very busy. Men and women alike were walking around, holding cargo-like crates with ease onto other ships. The sand was being kicked everywhere from the thick wooden floorboards of the dock, the sand was covering everything as Lelantos tried to dust himself off with a cough. “Come on kid, don’t walk off by yourself without at least saying your goodbyes to your fisherman!” Lelantos heard the familiar voice as Jons’s arm wrapped around his shoulders, appearing on his right side now. Lelanto’s mouth curved into a small gentle smile, look up at Jons. “Well, I can say you were a fun fisherman to be around Mr. Fisher!” Lelantos returned with his comment, giving a light punch to Jons’s chest. It was quite a sight, these two talking like good old friends that are about to greet each other off. Savaria’s extreme heat rained upon them, yet it did not disturb their moment of fun one bit. They stood out even if so many people were moving around in the dock.

The boy soon found himself, walking on the sandy paved roads of the island. His boots kicked up sand with every step, Lelantos could feel the strong rays of the sun rain upon his body. Yet it did not take away his attention, his attention being something he held in his hands. A small wooden figure carved into a fish head, a small souvenir from Jons. The boy soon let his eyes off the souvenir and back onto the paved sandy road, people were walking all around him. The loud talking of the moving crowd made it nearly impossible to hear anything if you could even talk without coughing with the amount of sand getting kicked around. Lelantos shifted through the moving crowd, trying to find the main center of Savaria. The clothes here seemed to be much different than what he was wearing, most of them were sleeveless robes or large cloaks that protected them from the sun rays, always wearing some sort of cloth headwear. The color of their clothes matched the color of the sandy island. Yet Lelantos could not let his mind wander off, at the clothing of the people, he had to find the main center first.

The sun felt too strong, way stronger than it was in Doomera, maybe because there were not many trees around to block it. With each step Lelantos got swifter, and sweat began to run down his head just from the heat of the moving crowd. His frame allowed him to slip in between people, his hand clutching his bag as he kept trying to find the main center like he was a rat in a maze. Yet in his haste, he finally saw the buildings surrounding the main center, with their color being just like the sand, his eyes had quite the adapting to do.

“Such heat… and finally some shade…” Lelantos let those words roll off his lips, finally finding himself in the shade of a building. The walls had a rather soft texture, like hardened sand. It was a pleasant feeling against his back as he finally let himself cool off. Escaping the moving crowd was a bit hard, it was a wonder how they could be so used to the immense heat and not be affected much. The main center could be seen a few couple hundred meters further, filled with chatter and murmuring between all the opened shops and people. To say it was busy was quite an understatement. “Quite the different crowd from Doomera… Mr. Fisher was right.” Lelantos slowly spoke, pushing himself off the wall before getting his legs to move again.

In the center, shops filled it to the brim, selling all kinds of stuff. Fruits, Souvenirs, Bracelets, and many more, you couldn’t escape them at all. It didn’t help much that it was as crowded as all of hell now, Lelantos was as lost as someone could be. It was like being dropped in a long maze with no prior knowledge of it. Walking through the extremely crowded and heated streets was a pain, even more, so due to the many vendors and shops that tried to constantly bug the boy. Nothing important was happening of now, just Lelantos trying to find somewhat of a place to stay for a bit. But Lelantos felt something wrong, his instincts were telling him to turn around immediately. The boy did as he always knew, to follow his instincts. Snapping his head around, there was the problem. “HEY! MY BAG!!!” Lelantos yelled out, seeing a short figure run through the crowd with his small bag. He felt his feet before his mind could react, swiftly sprinting through the crowd with clean maneuvers around people, he continued his chase of the short figure. It was evident he was faster, yet the figure knew how to move through the crowd perfectly with no challenge. ‘I can’t let him get away! There is no way I’m losing that big Mr. Fisher gave me!’ Lelantos’s throughs ran rapidly as he continued to sprint through the crowd. Bumping into a person or two and having them curse you out as you continue to run was a bit disheartening for the kind boy. Yet he could not stop, if he stopped he would lose the bag which had all those circles that had carving into them. ‘I believe Mr. Fisher called them La… Laminta or something…? It’s like a currency… what is a currenc-’ The boy had to snap himself onto the topic as he continued to spring for the figure. Something different came into his vision as he ran… and it was a small shop set up! The figure quickly swerved around it, yet the boy could not react in time.

Lelantos felt his legs quickly fold as he tried his jump. Leaping from the sandy ground as sand got kicked up, he smacked down hard onto the table filled with various types of fruits. The table quickly started to break under his force, with at risk of getting slowed down a lot. The boy quickly shifted his position to the front as he pulled himself across the table, knocking a lot more stuff down onto the ground again. Fruits and boxes collided with the floor as Lelantos found himself running for the figure again, but much more distance between them now. “Oi, you little sh#t! you’re gonna pay for this you know!!!” The vendor screamed with fury as Lelantos soon disappeared into the crowd once more.

The boy felt the strain on his shoulder as he threw himself up, finding himself on the roof of the many square buildings. It was around 5 stories high, and climbing with the help of the wooden foundation that stuck out was a struggle. “I got you cornered now…” Lelantos slowly spoke, he found himself leaning down, trying to regain some energy and control his breathing. The short figure was a bit more noticeable in attire while they stood at the edge of the roof, heavily cloaked and with a cloth headwear that did a good job at covering their face. Lelantos’ small cylinder bag was seen clenched tightly in their hands which were adorned by fingerless gloves. Their outfit was mostly a bit tattered, sandy, brown, and beige colors. ‘Huh…? Why are they so… cloaked in such heat…?’ Lelantos thought for a moment, yet it did not last long. “God… you won this… if I go back empty-handed, I’ll die…” The short figure spoke, the Lelantos confusioned, “Huh… d-die?!”. Lelantos felt his instinct kick in again, yet the figure slowly let themselves fall from the edge. Lelanto’s legs burst with power as he made a mad dash for the figure, he did not know the reason why he was doing this, but it felt like the good thing to do.

“HEY!!!” The boy shouted out, his arm extended as he finally reached the edge, yet it felt too late… Until in that split second Lelantos jumped off the edge in a downward motion, his hand felt the cloth of the person as he gripped tightly. Pulling them into some sort of tight hug as they both fell. Even with his eyes shut, Lelantos could feel himself ripping through strings that had clothes drying onto them between the buildings. He even felt a few clothes wrap around him during his fall. With a large CRASH onto the ground, only softened by many mostly dried clothes that came crashing down with them. “Ughhhhh…” Lelantos groaned, he swore he heard one of his ribs crack when he landed on the ground. Yet what surprised him even more was how the headwear of the person seemed to not be seen. Looking down at the person who tried to steal his back, which was still clenched in their hands tightly. It was… a girl? Her amber eyes were a bit teared up as she sniffled, her short black hair all messy.

“A… g-girl…?” Lelantos slowly mumbled to himself, the pain in his ribs still present.

1 Like

I choked on my water in laughter on this line. I love this piece.

You have to realise, Lelantos is a amnesiac goober who didn’t know what genders were until recently.

(Also ya liking the story so far?)

I absolutely bloody love the series cooked up by you so far. Series/pieces like these are the pieces of literary masterpieces that I can only ever dream of writing.

Also a quick suggestion, can you put your dialogue on a new line? It just makes it easier to read. (You don’t have to follow my suggestion, as I’m not a seasoned writer meaning I am inferior to you.)