Chapter 6: The Meetings of the Bandits

“And that’s the Savaria Market!” Amira points to one of the large alleyways, with a sign hanging up on it, spelling ‘Savaria Market!’.

Lelantos looked on curiously, following the short-haired girl into the alleyway. Entering the large alleyway was quite the sight, it was filled with many extinguished lanterns hung up on the walls. It was rather empty, Lelantos could see the amount of sand that had been collected here, which showed signs that people had come here

“Uhm… this doesn’t look like a market…” the boy spoke, a bit confused as he looked down the alleyway with Amira.

“Well during the night, it doesn’t but… during the day, it becomes quite the busy place!” Amira speaks with excitement.

“Why during the night-” Lelantos is cut off as Amira puts a finger to his lips.

“Because it’s better then. If you put up your shop during the day, you are at less risk of getting robbed… by thieves like me…” Amira’s face reddens.

“You promised me though you wouldn’t steal anymore…” Lelantos looks at her, as she quickly nods.

“Yeah yeah I know I know… but I’m not talking just about myself, you know Savaria has a bit of a bandit problem right…?” the boy looked at her, his grey eyes staring with a bit of confusion. The silence that followed was deafening, as the wind was calm and gentle.

“Bandits…?” Lelantos spoke, he wanted more answers.

“Nothing to do!” a figure yelled, annoyed as they slashed their old saber against one of the walls of a house. Creating an ear-grating sound as the small slash was visible on the sandstone.

“Well, of course, the citizens are getting smarter as soon as one of our men was spotted during a job…” another figure spoke, hands in their pocket as they walked at a slower pace. “Think his name was Randy, dumbass couldn’t even do the theft quietly…” the figure scoffed, soon followed up with a spit to the ground. The two figures were walking down the nightly dark streets, through the carved streets and alleyways. Tonight seemed to be quite a dry day, the moonlight was the only thing keeping them company besides the small bits of sand that got into their shoes.

“So… should we head back to camp? nothing to do more here or anything at all” the first figure speaks again, their old saber being sheathed back into their waist with a small sound of leather against metal.

For what felt eternity, these two walked on the streets, trying to find any unlucky victim to rob, and soon they found someone. Both of them smirked, maybe tonight they wouldn’t be going back to the camp empty-handed.

“Yo, Guys!” they both heard someone call them, turning back to see who it was… and it was Amira.

“Tch… what does that brat want…?” the first figure speaks, looking at Amira who had her headwear back on. The second figure looks back to see Amira, hands in their pocket like always.

“I got some goods!” Amira speaks, showing off the small cylinder bag. The two figures were a bit surprised, but a bit happy.

While the two were distracted, their attention completely focused on Amira, forgetting about the person who was in front of them now. Amira smirked, but they couldn’t notice it due to her headwear. “Lelantos, NOW!” Amira shouted as the person behind them quickly turned around, revealing himself to be Lelantos.

The air cracked as the familiar magic circle formed on his palm, quickly extended his right palm in front of himself. The lighting bolt formed in the middle of the circle, and it glowed its cyan light. The two figures quickly turned, the first one trying to unsheath their saber out of its sheath. The other one quickly pulled their hands out of their pocket, yet they were met with a blinding light and a booming Thunder. Both were hit with a blitzing bolt of lightning, striking them square in the chests as it zapped and struck through the rest of their body. Both of them were sent flying against the ground, tumbling and stopping in front of Ameria.

Even though the cloth headwear, Amira’s stunned expression could be seen. Her amber eyes were wide as she looked at the two knocked-out figures, their bodies seemed to be a bit toasted as small bits of smoke arose from their clothes.

“God… using that much hurts a bit…” Lelantos chuckled, his right palm sizzling with the heat of the lighting bolt. The magic circle slowly dispersed as the boy waved his hand, trying to disperse the heat gathered there.

“So you can use magic… and thunder at that!” Amira looked excited, seeing someone use magic in front of her was quite the sight. “How do you even do that? and with such power too!”

“Hey hey! Calm down with the questions a bit will you?” Lelantos spoke again, he smiled as he looked back at Amria. The boy was still trying to disperse the heat in his hand by waving it around a bit.

Amira sighed, as she looked at the two knocked-out figures now, who to their correct thought, were bandits. “So now what do we do with these guys?” Amira speaks, looking at Lelantos who stopped waving his hand.

“Should… we question them…? Or make them answer us about info…” the boy thought for a bit, trying to find the correct words to use.

“Ya mean Interrogation?” Amira speaks up, trying to help the poor boy in his endless search for the right words.

“Interr…igation…?” Lelantos slowly spells out, looking a bit confused at the meaning of this new word.

Amira sighs, chuckling to herself as she looks at Lelantos looking all lost. “It means to make someone or force someone to answer your questions.” the girl speaks its definition in a tone that would be heard by the boy.

“Oooooh…” Lelantos seems to appreciate this word, as he tries to embed this new word into his brain. “So we interrogate the two bandits?” he looked at Amira, and he could see her nod.

Amira could only chuckle more at how Lelantos processes new words and concepts. He was such a strange guy, yet someone who strangely changed her path. It was something she hadn’t questioned a bit, the kindness Lelantos showed her was something new to her. So much that switched her to his side, which was a bit shocking for such a rebel like her.

“Can I have my bag back?” Lelantos asks, extending his left hand to Amira who is still holding the cylinder bag. Amira eeps as she quickly shoves the bag into his hand out of embarrassment. “Also… what are these… circle things…?” the boy asks, picking out one of the silver coins out of the bag.

Amira quickly calms herself down a bit, answering his question. “Oh, those? They are called Lamina, the coins that we use as currency.” Amira finishes her explanation, but she can see the boy about to ask another question. “Currency is what we call the things we use to buy items you know?” she could see the way Lelantos nodded, it felt like she got another thing right.

“Thanks! You seem to be used to… my way of thinking now.” the boy looked a bit pleased that she was used to him now. But Lelantos didn’t know the internal battle Amira was having due to the fact she realized that he didn’t even know what Lamina or currency was.

“So I guess… we just interrogate these guys?” Lelantos speaks up again, looking at Amira who was still in her thoughts.

“O-Oh Yea… I mean we don’t have to, since you know… I was a thieve for the camp they come from…” Amira speaks up, looking at Lelantos, “So as I think now… we didn’t have to take these guys out… I could have just led you to the main camp… sorry…”. Amira quickly realizes the way she made things harder for the boy, and dumping all of this on him now…?

Lelantos was left utterly confused, bamboozled, and flabbergasted at this info…

1 Like

Btw, do yall think this way of formatting is better to read?

whenever I see bandits I have an uncontrollable urge to consume their flesh :money_mouth_face:

You bout to see quite the fight in the next chapter then :3

Do I get to cannibalize anyone

Idk

(for legal reasons I’d like to say that I do not cannibalize people nor condone the action of cannibalism)