Chapter 7: Undercover Trouble within the Camp

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN JADA AND KEITH ARE MISSING?!” a roar rang through the small building, as a strike to the table made the table legs nearly collapse. The large shadowy figure seemed to be quite angry, as they stood up from the chair, staring down at the poor scout. The scout was dressed more thinly than other bandits, still wearing cloth headwear to cover their faces.

“B-Boss… we have h-heard no word of t-them since l-last night…” the poor scout spoke, the stuttering in his voice clear as the blazing sunny day. One could only imagine the fear in this poor soul, with such a large and intimidating figure only hidden by shadows.

“THEN GET YOUR ASS MOVING, AND SEND OUT MORE SCOUTS TO FIND THEM!” the figure roared again, their hand slowly pushing the table closer to its destruction. The scout quickly shuffled his feet as he dashed through the front door. “and you two! just get the heck out of here!” his voice boomed, but at a softer tone than he was using towards the scout. The two bandits walked out of the small building, the wooden door closing as they left, leaving the supposed boss alone in the shadows again.

“So… this is the place?” Lelantos asked quietly, looking at the bandit next to him. His sight was barely usable, being covered in this much cloth was torturing for the boy.

“Yep, just keep your questions to yourself now… can’t take the risks…” The bandit spoke, who was pretty reasonable to assume that it was Amira. She seemed to be used to the heavy clothes having to be worn at all times, it seemed to be a rule for this camp.

Lelantos kept these questions to himself, for now, he would rather just follow Amira in such a risky environment. The interrogation with those two bandits earlier in the previous night was mostly dealt with by Amira. Lelantos was more used as the threat, since the two bandits, who he now knew were named Jada and Keith, already knew of his magic. It was clear they didn’t want to experience the raw feeling of getting hit by a lesser version of lightning. Only to be handed into the county of Sanderia but with a lighter sentence due to the information given. Most of the information extracted from the two bandits was mostly already known by Amira.

“Did you see the face of that guard when we were in the cell together?” Lelantos spoke quietly, remembering the pure face of surprise and confusion of the guard as he and Amira brought in the two bandits tied in rope. Of course in a bit of a crispier look due to Lelantos lighting strike.

Amira’s soft chuckle could be heard before she spoke back with a quiet tone, “Yes… it was quite funny seeing his thoughts on us change so quickly…”. Talking like this was quite nice for those two, yet being lost in such conversations had its consequences.

“Watch where you two are going you pipsqueaks!” Those words were heard as both Amira and Lelantos felt an opposing force to their movement. Quickly stumbling backward as the stinging pain of smashing into something like a wall.

“God dangit… it’s me, Amira, you dunderhead!” Amira quickly spoke, rubbing her forehead as she looked at the large figure, who seemed to have a larger version of the bandit clothing.

“Oh!? Amira? It’s been so long!” the big brute spoke, his voice deep but pretty light-hearted at the information of knowing it was Amira. Lelantos felt like he was gonna go unnoticed…

“And who’s tha other pipsqueak?” he spoke again, causing a shiver to run down Lelantos spine. It was stressing that his plan of going unnoticed completely failed. How would he explain himself?-

“Oh don’t ya worry bout him, he’s with me, that all you need to know!” Amira quickly spoke, cutting Lelantos’s inner thoughts as she looked up at the large bandit, as heavily clothed as the rest. It was a real stress trying to stay still in the clothes, swear ran down his head as he stopped himself from grasping for air due to the headwear. He felt a soft pat on his back, clearly a reassurance by Amira.

Amira and Lelantos were both stared down by the big brute, it felt like they weren’t going to be belive-
“Alright! I’ll trust ya Amira! Now go on and be the good thief you are!” he chuckled as he spoke, soon leaving Amira and Lelantos with a few footsteps.

“Don’t worry bout him, a bit of a knucklehead but quite the nice one” Amira spoke, starting to drag Lelantos back on track.

Even with his barely usable vision, he could see the makeshift walls that outlined the camp. Getting dragged around by Amira brought medium-sized tents that seemed to be the home of the bandits mostly.

“Just hold on there a bit more buddy, I’ll get you out of those clothes…” Lelantos heard those words as Amira spoke them quietly. They were so reassuring in the deathtrap that was these bandit clothes. He felt Amira quicken as he followed too.

Soon enough, Amira spoke, “We’re here, come on, get in…” Lelantos heard, as he saw Amira quickly open the medium-sized tent. As she quickly shuffled, Lelantos was soon to follow suit… until out of the corner of the visible vision of his headwear, he could see something quickly move. This alarmed his instincts, but feeling Amira’s hand grasp his, he quickly shook it off as if it just being a result of the high heat in his bandit clothes. Before being pulled into the tent.

“The unknown guy is confirmed boss, saw him and Amira together.” words were spoken to the large man still hidden in the shadows, smoke rising from a small ashtray for his cigar.

“That brat… any other information known?” His deep voice shook the bandit in front of him, who appeared to be another one of those scout ones. More lightly dressed and a bit slimmer than others, along with having only daggers sheathed around their waist.

“No sir, but I will try to get more info…” the bandit spoke, his head lowered in some sign of respect for the boss.

“You better, i’ll make sure I cleave those little two into mincemeat…”

1 Like

Sorry if its a bit shorter and took long, my ass kept getting busy trying to write this chapter