Class (and ability) Strengths in lore

IIRC Magic will always beat strength and weapons, but if strength and weapons have actual magic as a part of it (imbuement) they instantly become as strong as a mage with magic (so conj, savant, warlock)

This begs the question of what would happen if a warrior or berserker had an arcanium weapon/glove/boot because now their attacks are magic and are = to mage power. Also i have no information on those alive weapons but don’t compare those to this.

IIRC there was this guy with like promethean flame curse who mostly used his arcanium great sword as to not go insane so would that be the same thing as this or just no because its promethean flame.

Then their are spirit weapons which are on their own side of energy. would they be = power to magic even though mostly gods used it besides those with the weapons? are those two different things?

if so are spirit weapons as strong as spirit energy? are spirit weapons as strong as magic energy? is spirit energy as strong as magic energy if not stronger?

TL:DR if with the statements above being yes wouldn’t every class be the same power*

Sources: bits and pieces from forums within like a year and a half

1 Like

i don’t think it’s instant, they would probably need to raise their magic to the same level as the mage’s to be on par with them

they would definitely be stronger than a regular warrior or berserker, but i would guess that they still wouldn’t be as strong as a true magic user since they’re just using a weapon that’s magic and not actually controlling the magic themselves; they won’t be able to improve the magic part at all, unlike a real user

vetex said that spirit users were ≤ magic users

1. so they have they instantly have the potential to reach that level

2. so they would likely still fall short but could they still somehow win?

3. so could be = but most people are less?

if their opponent’s magic is the same or less than that of their weapon then they’d have a fair chance of winning probably, but they’d be stuck at that level unless they find a new one

yep

Vetex only said that Spirit Weapon users (Oracles) are less or equal to Mages. Im assuming that it varies as you’re literally using spiritual energy, and the amount you have, and how well you can use it varies from person to person.

Based on this quite from Vetex it seems using magic through a weapon is equal to casting it normally through circles. I’d be willing to bet anyone who can imbue if they have relatively even weapon/fighting skills to a mage’s magic skills would be on the same level. Though I doubt this would apply if one had a lost magic and the other didn’t.

so this confirms my theory that paladin is the strongest lore class :fire::fire::fire:

I mean, canonically, it probs would be with magic/spirit imbue since you would be attacking both the opponent’s magic energy and spirit energy simultaneously, which would be more damaging to the target.

Idk if this is an ability exclusive to someone like MC, or just anyone who happens to be both an Oracle with a Spirit Weapon and a Mage at the same time and are skilled at it

they can become as strong as so long as they prioritize magic instead of weapon/fs

arcanium simply conducts magic energy, unless stated otherwise ( like the magic set stated how it amplifies certain aspects of a magic ), it doesnt increase the power output, so berserker/warriors would still be weaker due to having smaller amount of magic energy compared to mages

i would rank exiled weapon users as strong as a mage since having an exiled weapon more or less give you a magic, a sentient one at that

i dont understand the question

Vetex said that spirit users are equal in power compared to mages iirc, it seems that they dont live as long tho so maybe they have less potential?

or maybe they grow stronger faster idk

Vetex said that canonically magic trumps all, the only reason non-magic classes even exist is because the playerbase want non-magic progression from what ive heard

Vetex has stated that hybrid magic classes’ skills could get as strong as mage’s as they’re just using a weapon to change how they use their magic. So I find it likely that so long as they’re capable of imbuement then they can reach a mage’s level through their weapon/fighting skills, since again their just using their weapons/fs as another method of using their magic.

Lost and ancient magics would probably be the exception though, at that point a hybrid would at least need to be good enough in magic to be able to have one and then imbue it into their weapon/fs to compete with mages who have them.