Cleaning Enchantments at an Alchemist

So I’ve been thinking for a little, and I remembered that there isn’t any way to change an enchantment on items or clear it. I am proposing that at the alchemist, selecting an already enchanted item gives the option to “un-enchant” it for around 2 times the base price of the item, or something more expensive. Some ideas to balance this feature out is also mentioned below.

— How would it work?

Simple, the alchemist now can clean weapons. Selecting an already enchanted item and buying the “Clean Item”, “Scrub Item”, or “Unenchant Item” for double the base price, or possibly maybe triple it allows the alchemist to clear all enchantments for that single weapon/armor/accessory. To avoid it being overused, more ideas are suggested below, but the possibility of enchanting an item again after a scrub should be at a higher price.

— This seems OP, not being able to unenchant items was maybe an intentional feature?

Yes I agree, it could very well be an intentional feature that Vetex added. In order to balance this, there could be many things to remedy the problem. There could be a new NPC called a “Scrubber” or “Chemist” that is added to the game for the sole purpose of scrubbing enchants on an item. They can be found maybe in few select cities, or spawned as traveling NPCs around the map and as wanted NPCs. This way, if you don’t get the enchantment you particularly wanted, you can get another chance at enchanting by scrubbing the item. If this feature is too overused and possibly ruins the intentional game feature of permanent enchantments, maybe the alchemist/chemist can only scrub the item once, and after the first scrub that’s it, you’re stuck with the last enchantment.

— Why suggest this feature?

Getting a horrible enchantment on a valuable item can be very annoying, and I’m suggesting this as an added feature for the possibility to get the enchant you prefer. There still is an RNG factor even after scrubbing, you can get an even worse enchantment, or the same one. Allowing only one scrub per item would balance the use of this feature, as players with a hell lot of crowns could just scrub the item over and over until they get it. This would be useful for accessories and armor that is rarer, and sometimes get stuck with a terrible enchantment.

If you want to add anything then comment below, I can always add more later. Feedback is welcome and requested.

Isn’t this an instant suggestion close topic?

1 Like

Never gonna happen, Enchantment scrolls are planned though so

1 Like

Ye this idea in general is just completely shot down from vetex. Not happening sorry.

here before topic close

blacklisted suggestion

To clarify, it’s technically not a blacklisted suggestion (rejected suggestions list has nothing on enchantments), but vetex has rejected unenchanting/re-enchanting, which is why the thread was locked.

You should be fine to suggest similar stuff, just not unenchanting or re-enchanting specifically.
Also note that enchantment scrolls (rare one time use items that apply a specific enchantment) are already planned.

2 Likes

thamk you Banana

:cookie:

1 Like