How do you all feel about enchanting?

They can just cast a spell to be anchored in place! :frowning_face:

waiting for the day that my magic speed wizard set bcomes viable with light magic. Gonna call myself the Lunar Eclipse

Then again, enchantments aren’t essential or as necessary to progressing to the game as upgrading is, just something to give your gear a special buff or emphasis of a specific stat. So any enchantment should be fair game since it will give you at least some impact with the upcoming changes.

i mean this being able to enchant is fucking blessing. I mean we couldnt even enchant inside AA just fishing and chest luck thats all. I rather not be able to unenchant and reenchant things, i mean sure you wont get what you want but the next update will make the stats other than power and defense useful

Once all the enchants are viable in the game I think people won’t mind what enchant they get too much.

I think it’s okay. Yeah, some enchants are nearly useless currently compared to others, but you aren’t totally screwed if you don’t get exactly the one you want. You can still deal with whatever you get if you are enchanting rare stuff like the sunken iron set and try to get the enchant you want next time, and if it’s any other item you can simply use one of the dozen of copies of it that you probably already have.

If vetex changed the way to enchant something, getting copies of an item would just be some pocket money at a merchant, which would heavily reduce the value of every item in trading and just in general since if you get it once, you would never need another one

Be happy about the fact we can enchant items in the first place, you don’t know the pain of not having that power.

i like it a lot because it makes items rarer and its just more fun to sell people unenchanted wizard robes just for them to come back and buy 10 more unenchanted robes until they finally get a strong robe :smile:

you already know what im gonna say

i think enchanting is great and M U C H better than how it was in AA with it being exclusively found in chests
sure not getting the stat i want sucks and i think a few adjustments could be made, but by now i don’t have high expectations for what enchantments i get and i don’t think its a bad thing
until higher tier armor comes out and the impact of enchanting is much greater, hopefully some changes have been made by then.

1 Like

choose enchant best idea, pay 2x more crowns

Re enchanting but it gets more expensive

Never adding un-enchanting or re-enchanting

3 Likes

what if i start rolling on the floor and begging like a small dog wabnting a treat

Ferb i know what we are going to do today !

Re-enchanting would work if there were several tiers of enchantments, specifically a tier lower than the current enchantments. In addition this tier would be more common than the current tier, by maybe around 4x. This would mean that there would be a 1/40 chance of getting the higher tier enchantment that you are after.

This would not destroy the trading scene as a 1/40 chance is enough that it wouldn’t flood it with meta items, and it would add a lower tier so that the people who don’t want to completely minmax their builds could still get small boosts to the stats they want they want without having to invest thousands of crowns into enchanting.

Let me use an analogy in the form of a boss. Imagine there is an item that lets you fight the boss which you have to get as a random drop from enemies with a really low drop rate. When you fight this boss, it only makes one attack. This attack has an 87.5% chance to instantly kill you and you are unable to do anything about it, and a 12.5% chance that this attack instantly kills itself. This sounds like terrible design for a boss, as the player has no control over what happens during the fight, and they would have to grind for hours to get another teleport to the boss, and yet this is exactly how the enchanting system in World of Magic works.

A system in a game which purposefully harms the player over something they have no control over has no right to be in a game.

One complaint people make about this change is the removal of the incentive to get multiple of the same item. However, in response to that, I say there was no incentive to begin with. Imagine if there wasn’t the current enchanting system at all. Once you find an item, you can upgrade it and that’s that. The current enchanting system is what adds the desire to get multiple of the same item, and without it there is literally no incentive at all.

In addition, those who wish to still grind for multiple to sell would still be able to make a profit, and it would prevent a lot of hyperinflation of the economy in the game. The easier something is to obtain, the less value it has. I have already seen people buying items for 700 crowns, and this problem will only continue to get worse as the max crowns increases, banks are added, and the items continue to be locked behind RNG which the player is unable to change an event which they had no influence over to begin with.

Simply put, a 1/8 chance it too high for getting the enchantment you want, and 1/40 is a lot more reasonable. At higher levels I see that Vetex wants to add extra enchantment tiers, so this system could be preemptively added to make the higher tiers even more rare and valuable.

2 Likes

Honestly dude, 744 hour grind for Hard Sunken armor set and a sword sword? Please, that’s just a month. With this change, it’ll be 3720 hours - my kind of grind. It’s only 5 months of grinding. I can’t wait till we get to level 5k, and the drop rates are even lower.

4 Likes

sunken set not worthy it, in further updates there will have armor with power enchanted worthy more than sunken and easier to get

Random enhancements are a good way to deflate the economy but good lord are they genuine annoying at times.

Also:
"I shall claim this point for France!"

stares motherfckerly

My point lad! >:D

It’s trash and the main problem is that all the other enchants give <1% buff.

It should be:

+0.5 studs faster per point of agility/nimble
+0.1 studs of knockback per point of knockback/forceful
+0.25 studs of size per magic size/bursting
+1 stud faster magic blast per magic speed/swift
+10% faster casting time per point of casting speed/keen