Collecting Every Item Variant in Arcane Odyssey (Days 3-4)

So, as I’ve mentioned, it’s really hard to keep track of stuff when you don’t even have a comprehensive idea of what you have.

So, I spent two days creating a simple database (and learning how to press the enter key while writing a post):

It’s really not that complicated (I couldn’t even get the search bars to alphabetize except one because the queries were having a stroke), but it gets the job done. I’m going to look in my free time for a way to display a counter on ever form that shows a completion rate, as well as a counter for the whole entire database. The general formula would be obtained yes/no = sum, but I am very bad at SQL and I cannot be bothered to figure out how C#, which I do know, connects with Access. I actually thought this wouldn’t take too long, but dear lord there are so many items in this game.

That is a picture of the form for entering in an accessory that has variants. Notice the ID number. 72 (technically 71 because it skipped a number but who cares). That is how many accessories with variants are in the game. Now multiply that by 16. That’s 1136 accessory variants alone. Yeah, I seriously underestimated this. Sails, by my estimate, add another 1k on to that. Armors + leggings probably add around 500-ish. For reference, I was telling a friend about this, and I estimated the game only had around 1k items. I wasn’t even close.

My current plan

So, the three hardest things to get will seasonals, sunken, and acrimony. Who would’ve thought? Funny enough, headless is daunting due to the sheer amount of calvus pieces I’m going to need to get one (I’m not that rich), but the true terrors are Hallowed, Hallowed II, Mini Cauldron, Dark Omen Mask, Skeleton Wizard Hat, and Bat Wings Headband. All of those have 16 variants, which adds up to 105 extra seasonals I need to get. I’m probably going to farm for headless first, since that’s going to be far and away the hardest to trade for. I could give my entire life savings and some people still wouldn’t accept. I’ll figure out the 105 seasonals later.

Sunken actually won’t be that difficult, relative to the seasonals at least. I farm for the funny sunken, I get the funny sunken, and if I get a duplicate (I already have the sword), then I trade it for another piece of sunken. At minimum, I need 9000 more fish (and whatever adds I need to trade for another sunken piece), but probably way fewer. I’m going to estimate more around 3000-5000 fish. Fishing also lets me get luck potions, so I can pop those while I’m fighting calvus or fishing to get what I need.

Acrimony is going to be a piece of cake. I’m already going to be farming thousands of chests for what I need, and I’m going to be looking for travelling merchants meaning I’ll probably find quite a few arcspheres (there’s my adds). I either trade for it or get it along the way. Given how many ingredient bags I farmed to get one already, I am a tiny bit worried, but I don’t think it’ll be too much of an issue.

If I had to give an estimate of what percentage of items I have, I’d say anywhere between 10 - 25%. I vastly underestimated how poor I was. Good news is, I did find someone who is willing to trade headless for the value the galleon posted, and not too much more, so I won’t have to sell my left kidney to get one (hopefully). As of writing this, today is day 5, so I hope to start collecting today. I’ll have another one of these written later for the three people that read these. To be honest, the only reason I’m writing these is to provide proof I’m doing this. I’d also like to thank the asshole who killed me and took my bounty right as I was about to post this, tysm man enjoy the 5k bounty you got from that lol.

3 Likes

i wonder how laggy your inventory will be at the end of this

its already so laggy lol i have wayyyyyyy too many cannonballs for my own good

oh lol that is a bad sign. do you also enjoy ship to ship combat?

why?

Gl ever trading for a headless that is not duped. If you were a seasoned trader sitting on many seasonals it might have seen realistic, but it seems way to far away if you ask me. You would need to keep playing the game untill super rare stuff came out that would be worth a headless, getting that item, and convincing a headless owner that it is worth trading for.

(And at that point you also would have to gather so many more items)

you’d be surprised what pure dedication can do (and having connections to friends that are quitting and selling headless at a “discounted” price)

i don’t believe this is possible
for this to happen you would need at least 105 million galleons just by price alone

so ur saying its possible, i’ll just need a lot of time :wink:

Hmmm, fair enough, never thought about it that way. I now think you have a shot at this, though the human mind and life is still feable. Its the dedication and patience that will make you unable to fulfill it if you ask me. Most people have a life outside of video games (myself included) and you practically have to throw that away to complete your quest.

Still good luck, and may you give it your all.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.