Commodore Kai, The Red Sabre

My Take on Kai (This took me longer than I’d like to admit, so if I post stuff, it’s gonna be sketches for a while)

42 Likes

for some reason it reminds me of puss in boots

7 Likes

Thanks lol, even though his name is Kai, he gives me Latin-American vibes, so that was kinda the main inspo on his face design

1 Like

I’d say that’s just about everyone’s reaction to first seeing Kai

1 Like

“My name is Commodore Kai, you killed my father, prepare to die.”
“I want my father back, you son of a bitch.”

Even though I haven’t watched the Princess Bride, Kai’s giving me Inigo Montoya vibes (minus the fact Kai’s a law enforcer as opposed to an outlaw and Kai’s past being relatively unknown apart from hinting that he is an Order member, possibly an Officer).

1 Like

It looks good! I like your artstyle!

1 Like

“It’s a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. On days like these, criminals like you…”

“Should be burning in the underworld.”

1 Like

Hell sounds better than underworld

1 Like

No idea why but this image made me think of Speedy Gonzalez only to google him and find out that Speedy Gonzalez first appeared ~70 years ago (69 currently, next month it’ll be 70)

1 Like

What is he doing in judgement hall?

1 Like

Lookin like 500 damage with one M1

1 Like

I’m not good at backgrounds (AKA I took a random background and blurred it)

It was undertale refference

1 Like

I didn’t know about the Order thing actually, I really just play the game casually so I don’t know much about the story. (I say with 3 max level accounts with 50 hours on the least played account) But the story seems really interesting .

I know, funny skeleton man gets blue eye

It would be cool to see Kai and Merlot fight in there

1 Like

Lol, would definitely be interesting, but would also be terrifying to see them fight in general. Considering i just use 6 barrels to farm them

Theese guys arent even a boss yet they can easly kill anyone in 1 vs 1 fight (except Warren and maybe even calvus)

1 Like

I think they technically count as minibosses despite their level since their drops are only uncommon weapons, which is crazy because Silent Blades and Kai’s Sabre are easily some of the best weapons compared to the rare ones

I think Cernyx is only miniboss since he has boss bar and isnt part of main story. Kai and Merlot are high ranked members of their organisation and for sure we will fight more commodores and architects in future.

(I also heard that at certain infany 300 lvl navy npc spawns i guess it was captain or similar rank but I dont think its true at all)

1 Like