Completely Disable Water Poisoning Until It Is Fixed

Completely Disable Water Poisoning Until It Is Fixed
effort 3.666666666666667 6 quality 3.75 4 reasonability 4.090909090909091 11

showed up to contribute absolutely nothing and flood the suggestion with useless garbage.

Thats kinda a weird ass move but you do you

1 Like

yeah ive had times where using the washing bin simply just doesnt remove water poisoning it really just comes down to if you get unlucky or not

I mean, honestly I think you should disable it even after all the bugs are fixed, but okay.

2 Likes

No. The dark sea is supposed to be brutal and challenging.

Besides, the rewards are actually well worth it now.

Of course it is, but this feature is either a mild inconvenience or a death sentence depending on where you are, if the tub works, and if you even flipping know about the tub (I certainly didn’t my first time around).

I think there’s just better ways to make the Dark Sea deadly than to have a DOT status effect be randomly applied.

This man didn’t experiment, explore the new brig, and figure it out.

Also, the tub is in like, the trailers and the trello and everything.

You seriously expect the thousands of players in this game to all know about that and what it does?

EVERY player I’ve told about the bathing system has thought I was joking and then when I showed them some of them thought the existence of a bath in the brig its self was a joke by vetex.

There is literally no ingame information letting players know about water poisoning or how to counteract it.

Trial And Error.

Also, there is ingame information (albeit badly given, very badly), the status marker for water poisoning tells you to take a bath to get rid of it.

I did notice that, but that still doesn’t tell you there’s a tub on the brig.

Maybe if the tub is highlighted or something when the player first receives the status effect?

Honestly I want water poisoning to just be removed because it doesn’t really add anything to the dark seas besides an annoying thing to literally stop what you’re doing and deal with, lest you take too much damage and die from it. It shows up whenever it wants and just harasses you until you get rid of it. If it’s supposed to be scary to players, it’s outdone by Atlanteans literally doing almost anything, sirens transforming, lava on islands when those spawn, abandoned boats overseas, skeletons on the shores of islands, Atlantean boats coming straight out out of the darkness like some dark lord’s lackeys just to fight you, the list goes on. Water poisoning is perhaps the most pathetic attempt at making something scary in the dark sea, and it just flops so hard it broke its whole face, entire rib cage, and both femurs in the fall. Water poisoning is meaningless and deserves to be removed entirely.

6 Likes

If you explore the brig you will find it

it adds immersion, the dark sea is supposed to be a miserable hellscape

While it does indeed add to the hellish theme of the Dark Sea, the Toxic Rain is also tedious, buggy, and rather forgettable system. I’d argue that immersion alone isn’t reason enough to keep it in.

Fixing the bugs and making the five minute cooldown from bathing actually work fixes the problems. Just fix the buggs, removing it is unneeded

How is removing the system unneeded? Especially since players don’t know about the bath, water poisoning is a net negative without adding anything to the experience.

Players not knowing about the bath is their own fault.

There’s a difference between them having no indication that the bath exists and players having missed the bath’s existence imo, and the system should probably be explained to the player a little more through an introductory quest to the Dark Sea? Heck, Enizor could mention the bath in his upgrade quest.