Corruption and Curses: The Observer

Origin

Identified to be a man once proudly invested in the combative uses of both Magic and all sorts of weapons known as Meta(poly), an untimely and unfortunate encounter with the Scholar slowly corrupted and twisted him into an obsessive recluse with no morals willing to hunt down and experiment on anything it found interesting in the most cruel, torturous ways for nothing more than its own curiosity.

Appearance

Long and lean, the once proud and athletic form twisted and elongated into something that is little more than skin and bone. The flesh, unable to adapt to the changes of the corruption, was discarded in favor of raw, exposed muscle and bone. From the upper spine erupts two halves of a torso split in two with only a thin layer of muscle conjoining the two.

On its right we witness the more . . . talkative of the two, speaking only in clicks and hisses with his lack of cheeks and lips. Down its spine runs a series of tall spike-like structures attached to what appear to be its ribs under a thin layer of the only remaining flesh on the creature. The left side, silent and staring, watches intently at any objects of interest unblinking and unreadable. The several eyes covering the shoulder and back, however, are free to move independently and will fixate on other objects should the main eye become bored. From its head and spine flows a mane of stark white hair, eventually ending toward the conjoining of the torsos. Though neither have the ability to communicate through a comprehensive language, it’s clear they are in perfect sync when it comes to battle.

On each half of the torso there is a dominant arm used for the manipulation of objects, striking, and movement. of the six arms these are the least coordinated, but can still deliver swift and precise strikes. Descending down the eyed spine, you will find a second pair of arms wielding a Ban Hammer. Though it is not the only one to use such a weapon, the Hammer is proven to be uniquely multi-purpose with its spear head at the end. The third pair of arms hold in their hands curved blades of a strong bone-like material with large teeth toward the inner end. The legs have also drastically changed, morphing horribly into a clumsy, heavy-footed, unnatural digitigrade stance ending in three toes tipped with claws able to pierce the flesh of any caught beneath them.

Behavior

Despite its wickedly twisted appearance, you’ve the best chance of escaping this corruption more than any other to be listed aside from the Lurker. Though deadly and cursed nonetheless, the Observer exhibits a more observant behavior and higher interest in its own experiments. Should you be unwittingly part of such an experiment, however . . . you’ve a fate even the creator of Corruption would pity. In the case that you find yourself an unfortunate subject of interest, expect feelings of immense paranoia to follow as it watches from afar, inching in slowly for the approach.

Unique Abilities

Cursed Screech // Haunting Rumble

As such a name would imply, the Observer is capable of releasing a hauntingly loud and damaging cry from one of its mouths capable of shattering windows as well as bones. The Haunting Rumble emanating from the other head is a constant low-frequency vibration through which the entity emits is corruption. Unique to the Observer, however, is that in these frequencies any person experiencing their effects is found to be significantly more irritable and irrational than when not under them.

Watchful Eyes

Though not entirely unique to the Observer given its shared use in the Scholar, it appears to be capable of remembering all faces, objects, and information to a tee without fail and learns exceptionally quickly through observation and even more so with practice and direct involvement. Should you fight this Corrupted, make it fast and give it no information to work from.

Higher Intelligence

As this Corrupted’s own name may imply, the Observer is hyper aware and constantly making new assessments of the world around it, such that learning information, tactics, fighting styles, and social tendencies in those it observes can be done in as little as one minute of uninterrupted observation.

16 Likes
  1. I should be doing Mandarin and/or studying for my test in Anat and Phys on the immune system.

2. Thanks @LonesomeWolf for inadvertently inspiring me to do this through your Forum Myth series (moar, pls), I did indeed take some stuff from that for the designs and descriptions y’all gonna see so go check it out.

3. Gonna try to make another today or tomorrow but this ended up taking like 30-40 minutes x.x

4. Don’t ask for your own corruption, i’m doing these entirely for my own fun and i’ll corrupt whomever i please whenever (Cat bread is fine, i added these after they commented and i know it’s in jest)

5. I’ll ask for people to corrupt when i want to and, as said above, choose whomever i want to

1 Like

cat bread corruption
when

Oh dang it’s [ REDACTED ]

2 Likes

Oh dang, there’s LORE now!
Lookin forward to seeing more corruptions and their lore :)))

1 Like

make corrupted archer

Always was

i’ll make you furry

it must be an scp

1 Like

scp-69420

shit

Art makes everything better
This is really good, glad to know I can inspire ppl even a little bit, might make more myths just for you.

1 Like

LETSGO