Crimson Storm, Book 1, Interlude (chapter 7.5)

Crimson Storm, Book 1, chapter 7.5. Evil plots

Connor weighed his odds. He didn’t like his chances of escape. The magic council had practically flooded the street with soldiers and captains. Looking around he saw a figure that made him pale immediately.
There, standing from a distance, was a man who wore the clothes of a magic council major.

Emily was coming out of the mine when the Magic Council surrounded her. She surrendered immediately, thinking that this would all blow over once they realized she wasn’t the person they were looking for.

Thomas Steel was on his way back to the inn, he never saw the Magic Council scout sneaking up behind him with a club.

Jimmy was serving a MC soldier at the bar. The soldier was talking about her time in the force. She started telling him about her latest mission. As soon as Jimmy realized who she was after, she stabbed him with a tranquilizer.

Oscar’s drawing room was swarmed with council scouts before he could react. He was knocked unconscious by a magic blast to the face.

Luneth collapsed from his many wounds. Salvadore looked on at their unseen attacker. A magic council captain walked out of the underbrush.

“Heh, he took two hits before collapsing. That’s the most anyone has taken! You should be proud!” The captain remarked as they blasted Salvadore.

meanwhile

“A shame it had to end this way ‘Jet’.” Decin said, watching the events unfold from his crystal ball. “But I can’t have you or your guild interfering with my plans. It probably seems unfair that you’re getting pinned for a crime that you didn’t commit. Perhaps you should’ve walked away from the siege, maybe then you’d be a free man right now.”

end of interlude

3 Likes