Crystal and Steel | Part 1

Elius’ Scmitars lay beneath the foot of the bed. Kicked beneath the mattress right before the boots were kicked under. Ida Elysian was collapsed in bed, sharpening his claws against each other, sparks flying into the air. The red sunglasses he wore were folded up on the side table in the tavern. He rubbed his eyes carefully so he didn’t scratch his face with the claws and started pushing himself up. The old mattress creaked and so did the floorboards.
Downstairs, the barkeep was cleaning out a glass with ice magic. A teal spell-circle on the back of his hand. “Morning Ida! Did you read the newspaper yet?” Ida rubbed his head and slumped into a barstool, shoulders stooped, nearly falling over. “Don’t suppose you had anything to drink last night, huh?” The man looked blankly at the fireplace that sizzled and cracked with every passing second. Two figures approached the bar with a courageous stupor. “Any goods men?” The barkeep smiled and laughed from his chest. The deepness of it seemed to startle Ida and surrounding customers.
“You bet. 30 sealed AND so many reagents. We could probably give half of them to Hayden and still have enough for more expeditions.”
The barkeep extended his hand and dissipated the casting circle. He shook hands with the biggest sailor, “Can’t wait to see your names in the newspaper. You gonna tell them I sponsored you, right?” He once more laughed, then brushed it off as a joke. “Here, have a newspaper. Oh Ida, I suppose you want one as well.” he cracked half a smile and slid one to each sailor. Ida used his claws to lift the first page of the newspaper. His eyes widened and his heart started to beat ever so fast, like the weight in his chest had just been shattered by a knife. “Hey, Ida! I forgot to tell you about-… Ida?”

The top of the sealed chest was pried open with a crowbar. The red sunglasses shone off the sun, the glint of it reflecting into the expensive essence that was known for its powerful side effects. “Hey! Damn you! Get away from our ship!” The hefty sailors began to run down the ramps. Before they could turn the corner to catch the criminal, he was gone. The only evidence remaining was a singular, broken bottle.
“Get off me, bastards!” The girl with pink hair tried to kick her way out of the General’s grasp. Only to have the glass shards dig deeper into her skin. Julian, quite scared, wondered how she was even still conscious. Whatever, it wasn’t his problem anymore. With a single kick, her body tumbled down into the Eternal Mines. Farewell, criminal.

I am deeming this the official theme song of this series
Ship in a Bottle - Fin [Steffan Argus] (Lyric video) - YouTube