Damage falloff in AO

Vetex should add damage falloff to explosions in AO. This means that the closer you are to the centre of an explosion, the more damage you’ll take.

The way it will work is that an explosion has “damage zones”. For example, zone 1, the closest to the explosion centre deals 100% damage. Zone 2 which is right outside deals 80% damage. Zone 3 deals 60% and zone 4 deals a variable amount from 40%-5% damage. The zones are implemented instead of a flat distance-to-%damage calculation because it would feel for consistent to deal full damage.

The reason I want this is because it’s kinda ridiculous to take 600 damage from a munera-sized ultimate art when it’s just your pinkie toe that’s grazing the hitbox.

Direct hits from the projectile itself should deal full damage while the explosion has falloff. This would encourage players to be accurate for more damage but still be forgiving to hit.

I’d like to hear some feedback, it’s my first ever forum post!

While that is an interesting take it’s still…

No thanks…

Yeah, in practice this is a good idea, but in the end you’re only negatively affecting the PVP population. Even PVE players will dislike this.

That’s ONE specific build. What if this idea is implemented and 0 ATKsize players try using a self explosion? They already have a small AOE, and now you’re just making self explosions even less worth it to use as a damage option than before.

at the same time, nerf atk Spd

NO SUGGESTIONS OUTSIDE OF SUGGESTIONS CATEGORY!!! :nerd::nerd::nerd: