Dang, less than 20 people (atm) online. Oh well, anyways, about Mortal Kombat:

I was thinking about a few things in relation to MK, specifically the lastest MK game, Mortal Kombat 11.
Disclaimer: I haven’t touched Mortal Kombat yet, I’ve seen a lot of YouTube videos about it but I never have the chance to play it. Maybe when I get a job I’ll play it. Also, if you’re not a big fan of bloody descriptors, you may choose not to read this.

One thing got me thinking about are the movesets. For example, Architect Merlot, his moveset would heavily focus on his claws and Poison magic, with his knife seeing occasional usage but not enough. His two Throws would be his Forward involving multiple slashes to the opponent’s torso before kicking or kneeing them away, and his Backward would be throwing them to the other side, with or without his claws, and spraying a good amount of Poison at his opponent, with the enhanced throw adding a Sanguine throw to the opponent’s face for added damage.

Next up, his Fatal Blow, I’m imagining Merlot plunging his claws into the opponent and kneeing them away before performing Beast Instinct and ending the attack with a Claw Slash, then performs a Poison Explosion that launches the opponent into the air and performs a Spiraling Fury that makes him outright go through the opponent while slicing through their guts, then Poison Blasts/Beams them back to the ground, throws Sanguine at the opponent’s eye and when he descends back down onto the ground, he land either foot on the handle of Sanguine that would dig itself deeper in the opponent’s head before Poison leaping away from him.

And lastly, for Merlot’s Fatality, at least one I could think of, he fills the opponent with his Poison magic and watch as their skin peels off as the opponent is dying from the Poison, then Merlot launches a Claw Slash that would trisect the opponent and let out the remaining poison in their body.

Yeah, anyone else got suggestions for AO characters having the most brutal Fatal Blow and Fatalities, maybe some Brutalities if you’re feeling it?

1 Like

Kai does a rapid amount of slashes, slashing off the limbs and heads.

Rn now, I just remembered some awesome imaginations for Lord Elius in relation to his Lightning abilities and weaponry.

Elius Awesomeness

(Some of the intros, outros, and Fatalities stem from Raiden but with their own twists.)
Intro Ideas for Lord Elius:

1. He walks into the arena as he twirls his scimitars like in arnis.
  2. He teleports into the arena.
  3. He summons his spear and spins it around like a bo staff before slamming the blunt end on the ground, letting out some sparks.

Outro Ideas:

1. Elius pulls out his scimitars and turns away from the viewer as he crosses them together, held them up high, and lightning strikes them before the overcrank at the end.
  2. Elius, with lightning surging from his body, suddenly flash steps towards the camera and slashes his scimitars simultaneously with a battle cry and a dramatic overcrank.
  3. Elius does the raining arrows attack with his bow, with the sky bearing lightning, before he high jumps and throws a thunderspear at the camera while the arrows fall.
  4. Elius pulls out his bow and steps forward menacingly as lightning strikes in the background before the overcrank.

Fatality Ideas:

1. Elius throws his thunderspear into the air before using his scimitars to slice both the opponent’s legs just before the penetrates through their entire body by the mouth, then Elius grabs the spear with his legless opponent stuck on it before yelling to the sky as lightning struck the opponent until they explode into two burning halves.
  2. Elius slices off both the opponent’s arms with his scimitars before grabbing his thunderspear where he summons lightning to strike his spear and empower it before throwing it at the opponent, causing their entire torso to explode, leaving only the opponent’s legs and disembodied head flying.

I’m having too much fun coming up with gory ideas for AO characters.

EDIT:

Elius’s Fatal Blow

Lord Elius points one scimitar upwards and the other at the opponent where lightning strikes down on one of his scimitars that serves as a conductor for Elius while the other scimitar fires a large blast/beam of lightning, activating the Fatal Blow (Yes, I put that much detail into the starting animation.) Lord Elius slashes the opponent multiple times and performs two teleporting slashes before teleporting underneath the airborne opponent and thrusting both scimitars into their torso and holds them in place in the air while emitting lightning magic, then Elius fires one arrow through his opponent with his bow that simultaneously activates the arrow of storms attack, causing them to be pierced with multiple arrows with two arrows piercing from the back of their head to their eyes. The scimitars explode into lightning, launching the opponent further upwards and teleporting the two swords back to Elius’s back before he throws his thunderspear through their mouth, forcing them to the ground and where the opponent is struck by lightning one more time before the thunderspear teleports back onto Elius’s back after he lands and pull out his scimitars again.

Would General Argos have a Shao Kahn-esque moveset?