Dark Sea Diamond Spawns

dark sea diamond(1)

So we can find Dark Sea Diamonds deep underwater in the Dark Sea,
but for some reason in my experience it appears they spawn more frequently
inside of island “pools” (I call them that beacuse they are seperate from the main sea mass)

Does this increased chance actually exist or is it just a coincidence?

1 Like

I don’t know the real chances, but I’ve also experienced them spawning in pools, so that seems like it probably has something to do with it.

You are insane if you tried to reach DS bottom for something like this. Have you ever seen black shark that deals 1500 dmg per hit and almostly not visible in DS? I did. Well, goodluck crafting shark repel potions.

those aren’t that hard to craft?

Any shark fin does the trick. Fairly uncommon drops, but not too rare.

1 Like

that’s what I’m saying

1 Like

Don’t they spawn rarely on shores?

flooded shores:
I visited the ds like less than 15 times in my life 100%

i once ran out of stamina and sank to bottom, waterbreathing III saved my life
in DS
no sharkrepel

Very lucky.

140% swim speed

It’s mainly because they roll down the pool ngl, I found one in the goofy spike-like island, not the spires but a chaotic mess like this

So im gonna assume it’s a rare spawn on any island, your best bet on finding it quick is using revealing potion, you’ll notice it since the white circle is bigger than any random ground item

Update: i just found one in the bottom of the ocean.
i used an revealing potion and it was pointing to the item in the bottom of the sea near to an volcanic island

Heads up, the easiest way to find these is to sail until you find a dark sea island with a sandy beach. Swim out from the beach, into the water a way, the diamonds are under the water along the shore. On average you’ll get like 1-5 per island. Seems to vary depending on island size.

One time my ship got destroyed and I ran out of stamina. I sunk to the bottom of the dark sea, and somehow was able to recover enough stamina to get back up with some help from my magic, and I was able to get to an island. I actually survived that dark sea exploration. I was very lucky that I had a tier 4 water breathing potion on hand.