Dark Sea Dilemma

Atlantean Ships are quite the troublemakers! They just… APPEAR! Out of thin air, even, I could mistake them as vengeful spirits if I wasn’t knowledgeable about Atlanteans… though, their presence harbors a few questions for myself.

1. What’s the criteria for them spawning? Yes, I know they begin to manifest in the Insanity Ranges, but do they spawn while you’re sailing? Is it based on chance should they come around? Do they specifically come by when you’re looting islands??

2. Do you take to fighting the Atlantean Crews on their ships? I personally always go for the Atlantean Ketches, a free batch of Sealed Chests, I’d say… though it is risky.

I’m fairly certain atlantean ships just spawn every x minutes in insanity ranges

1 Like
  1. I once got attack by a ship while I was on an island
  2. I sail away
1 Like
  1. They have a chance to spawn whenever if you’re in the 1st range or above
  2. I just go after ketches, brigs are too much effort for too little reward
1 Like
  1. They spawn whilst you are actively sailing, though they don’t despawn when you stop. They also spawn INCREDIBLY far away from you, so one could be coming at you from anytime. Keep an eye out before you weigh anchor and position your ship with the ability to go to battle at anytime.

2. personally speaking, my brig shreds the hp of Atlantean brigs and ketches whilst also having a fuck-ton of hp, so I just always go for them. If you got a decently durable and armed brig, you can tackle the ship part of the fight easily. For the crew however, it can vary but fucking aoe spam till most are dead and murder the captain/quartermaster’s equivalent on the ship as fast as possibly. You should probably have a decent set of gear though, there’re some Atlantean’s that hit hard.

2 Likes

i use a speedy brig build, while its fast, its not great at dealing with atlantean ships. i can usually sail very quickly and fair away to the point they stop chasing me.
i can sink them, but im often times too lazy.
when i do sink them, i never fight their crews because the dark sea build i use has incredibly bad stats in exchange for a permanent 6 warding

1 Like

How much speed do you have?

there’re

bro how could you say that?

106 or so. More than enough to outsail Brigs while I have enough Turning to evade their mortar barrages.

Why do you pretend it’s something bad everytime someone deletes their post?

i dunno, i once had an atlantean brig approach my ship while i just drank an invis pot (i was docked at a siren island)

theres 1 thing though, if you dont have good (ship) gear (why else would you be in the dark sea other than luck fishing?), keep an ear out for the menu music, if you hear that, quit doing what youre currently doing, (possibly run back with a sealed chest or two) and GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE THERES A FORTIFIED ATLANTEAN BRIG ABOUT TO RAM YO SHIP

I only have a 100, and not even enough turning speed :disappointed_relieved:

wdym bro

also when did I do thta

:point_up_2:

that was also on you lol

It was not. I had just written a wrong number and deleted it (i’d forgotten abt the edit option)

wdym it says I replied to u

oh ok bro

With this information, I can explore the reaches of the dark sea skyscrapers in the insanity ranges without being shredded by atlanteans while 9000 feet in the air! Woohoo!

1 Like

Atlantean ships NEVER deaggro