Dark Sea Island generation broken?

I get islands just fine, until I reach the insanity 2 range, at which point I would have to be incredibly lucky to get more than 1 island the entire run. I’ve tried sailing for a very long time and using clearsight, but there’s no islands.

Structures like volcanoes, siren rocks, and those extremely long Pelion Rift copycats still spawn, but not a single island. This has been very frustrating (and boring) as I have no way to get golden cauldrons or cooking pots.

This persists across multiple servers.

ive seen someone say its because the islands get so large past insanity 2 or something they clip with your boat and cant spawn, it might be that idk

That’s probably it.

If you’re looking for sealed chests, skip the large islands and go for the siren rocks. Get a few invis potions and sail into the Far Reaches so that more chests spawn

I’m just looking for golden cauldrons and golden cooking pots. I skip all the sealed chests, lol.

bruh

as a person who has been doing an unhealthy amount of 2 hour dark sea 3rd range runs a week ago, i can confirm island generation still works there, although it is noticeably, as expected, rarer than the island generation in previous ranges

perhaps your boat is going too fast, causing it to clip with the already-delayed island generation that is said to be fixed in the nimbus sea update?
all of these runs i had a boat with 116 speed, and 7 minutes worth of clearsight 5 with high-enough graphics to see islands ~600 studs away from me, was more than enough to encounter at least 1 island. i have no idea beyond this singular theory and “ur just unlucky lol”, as to what causes you to never encounter an island in the 3rd range

just stay insanity 1 bro

This is why no one likes you

3 Likes

bro what?

That could very well be the case. My ship has 130 speed and I use my fully-upgraded Slipstream whenever it’s available. I’ll try sailing without using Slipstream and see if that helps.

There’s no golden pots or cauldrons there.

Whoa now this is REALLY weird. I think I found a bugged server where the insanity 0 range of the Dark Sea stretches on endlessly. I sailed long enough to the point I should have reached insanity 2, but it remained 0. No islands either. The only structure that spawned was abandoned brigs.

What’s funny is that this was one of the few servers I’ve seen in a long time that have actually had the constant rain visuals in the Dark Sea, so if anything I expected it to be more functional than usual. But it’s the most bugged I’ve ever seen.

The server was called “Derelict Savant” btw.

Been in a few servers where that was the case, back to back. I thought it was patched up tho.

Classic vetex spaghetti code moment

Hope he fixes it in Nimbus because I cannot stand having to sail 3 hours for a golden cauldron