Deckhand suddenly became sentient

one of my deckhands suddenly gained sentience and used it to kill itself
(one of my dechands started using abilities, now i know it has light magic and basic combat… it started spamming abilities while standing still, said abilities exploded in its face, dealing damage to itself, resulting in it killing itself. well, it didnt really die, because it didnt disappear but i cant talk to him, and he stopped using abilities.)

What were you doing before bug occurred: fishing in the dark sea

Steps to reproduce: idk.

F9 Logs ( press f9 to view them in-game):

it didnt make any F9 logs, these are not from this event, as their timestamp is from like 15-20 minutes from the happening.

Image of said sentient being after mental suicide:

Edit:
this is cropped from the F9 image

1 Like

Bro had enough of the Dark sea

2 Likes

what the fuck??

1 Like

Huh, it happened awhile ago to one of my Deckhands during the initial release of the Dark Seas.

Bro suddenly started fighting their demons with white sparks dmging them. Then they eventually up and died. .

interesting to see that it can still occur after all this time.

This is a known bug that happens randomly.
We do know that, like ghosts, these guys spawn similarly to hero/criminal NPCs, and use their cosmetic archetypes as well.

All we know is that it’s associated with the AI suppression just failing, so it goes nuts, being a neutral NPC with no alignment.
I do suspect, however, it may be associated with “changes” on the boat. Such as docking and sailing, as the deckhands and crew seem to shift a little oddly when doing either.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.