Deep sea diving

Deep sea diving
effort 4.0 3 quality 4.0 3 reasonability 4.25 4

Deep sea diving

The diving update was pretty cool and i loved seeing the amazing underwater structures, but what if we could go deeper than around 100 meters? How about we go down 20 thousand leagues under the bronze seas in a tin can? Ok, that was overly exaggerated, but just side for this one

The process

In dark sealed chests you will be able to get a blueprint for the arcanium diving module, a diving bell. It’s an attachment that will allow you to venture into underwater trenches and underwater ravines and explore the worlds there.

In the sea there will be spots that seem a little more dark, in there you will find the aforementioned underwater trenches and ravines. Descending in the bell(which will be the only way to go down these) will let you in into the structures deep below. Wonderful coral reefs, filled with thought to be extinct creatures and sea monsters, reagents, mythical cities and, of course, the thing you came down here for, loot. There would be a sealed chest compartment in the bell for storage(it will get automatically placed on the ship once you come up).

Reason to add

It would make the world even more cool while expanding on already existing diving ideas. Also just going down god knows where knowing that your safety is questionable is epic.

4 Likes

what about 100% water breathing?

The water pressure in the in-between is extremely high, but magic energy helps you not get crushed when you get down to your destination, also it is very deep but the bell is quite fast

For people who don’t know, this is a diving bell:
Untitled

Anyway, I’m not entirely sold on this idea.
How would the bell work? What would be different about exploring the deep sea diving spots that makes them interesting and fun, aside from being where you need to go to collect the next tier of seagrass to make the next tier of potion?

Why is this content locked behind a specific drop in the dark sea? If we’re adding a new type of diving spot for endgame PvE, why not just put it in the dark sea, with all the other endgame PvE content?

If we’re adding new underwater content, will vetex ever allow me to use my magic underwater, or are fire mages just not real people?

1 Like

AC4 Black flag diving? You have my vote sir.
It would also be great for the upcoming new sunken set
(Tho let’s be real, i don’t think vetex would be interested in adding an entire new underworld to the game, even after the main game done, and rn he definetly wouldn’t)

would you mind trying to build any of the structures you’d find with this suggestion?

i think mabey a diving bell could fill up the siege weapon slot perhaps? since it is a large thing off the front of the ship, then you could just have people load into it and then dive

now dont step out of the bell when in deep water
otherwise
insert water pressure sound

Seems like a pretty cool and nice feature to have.

Cook again sometime.

1 Like

You mean the bends right?

light hook

This would be cool as hell

idk what that is

Decompression Sickness - Harvard Health.

“decompression sickness”
finally a word that ive heard before
anyway ty for extra info

My thoughts exactly.

Cool idea, but this needs to be elaborated on more. There are too many loose ends, such as water pressure and light sources and more descriptive ideas of what you will find down there.

Water pressure could be somewhat-logically prevented with a new stat that is basically warding but for being underwater (maybe magic barrier). The stat automatically channels magic energy (lose numerical max energy) to let you go deeper underwater before incurring a nasty debuff, water pressure (10% max hp damage per second or something nasty). The stat could also let you use heat-based magics underwater with less of a penalty, though I think this should occur on awakening.

Just like warding, this stat exists so players will get creative when making a build for a difficult environment or area. Maybe the stat should have an additional effect, such as adding passive regenerating shield HP so it isn’t strictly bad for fighting outside of water.

Light sources could be easily solved by adding arcanium waist lanterns/torches, which should already be in game honestly.

The dark seas should have diving spots themselves, although the sea might simply be too volatile for such a thing. It makes sense though, imagine ruins underwater, mutated by magic, and barely standing.

it’s too hard to see anything on the sea with the rough seas

maybe the places where they spawn wouldn’t have any rough seas?

It would be cool and make sense if somehow warded off the seas, explaining how they’re fine in the first place.