Deepwoken Guide

Now you might be thinking
“Dude. It’s October 2022. It’s too late to release a guide for this game.”

And to that I say.

”It’s never too late”

PART ONE: Starting Off

When you first get into the game you’ll be greeted with… You. Your character. The file you’ll be playing for likely the rest of your gameplay because you’re too broke to afford another race.

There will be some sections you can pick out for what type of builds you can go.

Im not going to talk about that. You can worry about builds later meta slave

What im going to be talking about are boons and flaws
And which ones you should get

Gourmet: Honestly an average boon. You don’t need food as much and you can easily refill your hunger if you find yourself starving. Doesn’t really do much though unless you plan on using potions

Autodidact: Honestly an underrated boon. Sure it’s not that useful late game but if you find yourself dying too quickly this can come in handy. Recommended for people who want to have a more warm welcoming to the game.

Maverick: Dollar store adept, absolute garbage. It barely gives you any more exp if you’re playing alone and you’re PROBABLY not playing alone if you’re looking at this guide. Still the 10% exp buff isn’t good. Don’t get this.

Survivalist: Honestly might become extremely useful in the layer 2 update. For now though it just makes gliding down upper erisia NOT a complete death wish. So… it’s kinda good but not for much outside erisia

Marauder: Useless because you’re probably not gonna go into this game pvping. It takes a third more luck from killing people. This doesn’t affect bell progression so it’s not really special.

Steadfast: Do not get this. There’s 2 easily obtainable mantras that makes this boon completely worthless. Just don’t use it. It only makes your armor break a bit slower.

Scrapper: Let’s you burn another card each whisper (new skill obtained) great for getting more legendaries.

Packmule: It doesn’t even fucking matter. It gives you 50 more space in your inventory but if you’re getting strength at all you won’t need it. (Some cards help with it anyways)

Now onto flaws

Herbivore: Beta flaw. Makes you unable to eat meat. (Vegan :face_vomiting:)Fish counts obviously. So only fruits from the overworld can fill your hunger. Beta flaw. (DO NOT GET THIS WITH CARNIVORE)

Squeamish: Makes you lose hunger for every grip you get. Don’t get this. It just makes food WAY more tedious to get. Only reason you should get this is if you get carnivore. Which will cancel out the hunger depletion.

Obvious: It LITERALLY doesn’t fucking matter. At all. You were probably going to fight them anyways and it barely even works as a flaw. If you really need to hide crouching can do the work just fine. There’s no reason to NOT get this flaw.

Haemophilia: Makes you bleed more. Don’t get this. It makes dagger npcs much more tedious and painful to fight.

Deficient: Makes you regen ether and reservoir slowly. Once again. No reason to not get this. Engage completely nullifies this. You just need to m1 more often.

Manic: Makes you gain insanity quicker. If you don’t depths farm often or go to the depths often. This literally is just a free flaw slot like deficient and obvious. No reason to not get this and if you’re actually worried just get like 5 willpower and you’ll be fine.

Glutton: Makes you lose hunger and thirst faster. If you get gourmet with this it simply becomes a slightly more tedious hunger bar. Won’t affect you TOO much.

Simple:
This is the WORST flaw you can get. Deepwoken progession is already tedious enough. This literally negates adept. The 2 points for one flaw ISNT worth it. It makes you progress half the speed. You’d be doing 2 full songseeker runs for a single skill point at power 30. Seriously don’t fucking get this flaw.

PART TWO: PROGRESSION

Im gonna leave a tl;dr for those who ARENT progressing through T.O.O
Erisia: 1-20
Minityrsa/Songseeker: 20-30
Starswept Valley/Fort Merit: 30-50
Monkeys Paw/Upper Erisia/Boatmans Watch/The Depths: 50-60

Now for an actual guide through the game
Important things you need to know
Ctrl + G allows you to nullify all sounds and makes you able to hear any nearby players. Making hiding much easier.
M2 right after you m1 to cancel the m1 and bait a parry out. Allowing you to get an actual hit in. (Unless they block)
Y allows you to change your stance if you use heavy or weapon
Ctrl + m1 allows you to assassinate people when you stand behind them. You go up and slit their throats like ducks. Then do whatever combo you had planned.

Now when you spawn in you’ll either go to etris or isle of vigil. It’s HIGHLY recommended you start with isle of vigils due to the trainer there. You’ll learn how to actually fight with the trainer

Now time to give you some important and inevitable facts.

You are going to die. Alot
You are going to be disappointed with your first build
You are going to make mistakes
You are going to get mad at the game a lot.

Now allow me to post the hp of each deepwoken enemy

Mudskippers: 100
Bandits: 85
Thiefs: 100
Bandit captains: 220
Megalodaunt: 1000
Rock Golem: 1500
Golden Warrior: 1000
Hobo: 1000
Purple Crab: 800
Authority Officers: 600
Authority Guards: 1000
Authority Captains: 3500
Knives of Eiylis members: 350
Minityrsa Bandits: 400
Hive drone golem: 4500
Snow/Sand Bandit: 9000
Songseekers: 900-1000
Brainsuckers: 250
Lionfish: 1500
Threshers: 1200
King threshers: 4500
Authority Warden: 5000

Now onto actually progressing.

Start off with mudskippers as level 1. It’ll help you get used to parrying and attacking. Then try fighting bandits.

In order to fight megalodaunts here’s what you need to do.

DONT RUN They outrun you, can stun you with their roar, and use needles to kill you.
If you need to run make sure it’s down erisia and not up.
The sliding will give you a farther gap.

Fighting megalodaunt is really difficult at first. RIGHT when his hand starts zooming towards you press f. If you see his head duck. Press d and s.
Do 2 m1s then prepare to either parry or dodge.
You CAN dodge his swipes if parrying is too difficult so don’t worry too much.

Songseekers are easy to beat. Flourishing them into walls = win just in case though.
You can block fire repulsion, The fire explosion move.
The ice shuriken move is blockable
You can parry lightning pull kick
Gale users are completely countered by dodging

Purple crabs are the best introduction to monsters. Right when he swings down, parry. When he does his slice barrage just back away and then keep hitting him.
That’s all you need to do. Purple crabs are easy to kill.

Threshers are a bit tricky at first but honestly their easier to beat than megalodaunts. Right when they swing down press f. When they use their tail swipe, their tail stops for a small moment. Press f in that small timeframe.
When they go underground, just run and slide.
They’re easy to outrun too.
Just don’t let too many pile on you at once.

King threshers are HELL. First off. You cannot escape their ground move. You’re going to have to PERFECTLY time a dodge in order to escape it. There’s nothing else you can do.
Their fire move is annoying, you’ll need to dodge right when his mouth moves. Any later can get your health slapped in the face

You are going to have to look up how to fight ice golems my friend. Even I cannot help you with that bullshit.

Rock Golems are the easiest bosses in deepwoken. When they start spinning, just run a bit. Right when their light in their chest disappears dodge, dodge the fist move as well. That’s literally it. That’s all you need to do.

Don’t fight the hive drones.

Seriously don’t.

Brainsuckers and Lionfish are non threats when you’re above level 19. They are just level checks. Once you hit level 20 you can literally just outtank them.

Authority Warden is the guy you wanna fight first if you want to escape the depths. If you wanna be able to beat the enforcer. Start by beating this guy first. Both are major skill checks. One simply has less risk.

Once you’ve reached past beating authority wardens. You should probably know how to progress for the last 20-10 levels. In which case this guide is no longer necessary.

Lemme know if this helped. And if it doesn’t.

Send this to someone that needs it.

10 Likes

you’re forgetting the most important key piece of information and that’s called “don’t play deepwoken in general or at all”

4 Likes

Woah there dumbass.
I made this post for people who are trying to play deepwoken.
Not for a nerd to try and start yet another argument.
Let deepwoken live in your head somewhere else

5 Likes

deepwoken is bad and I’m totally not butthurt nor biased because the first time I played I wasted 400 robux just to get farmed by some level 60 tryhard with a yellow sword :frcryin: :rage:

2 Likes

imma need this in a couple months

He forgor corrupted enemies health

I start off with trial of one :muscle:

Ill probably play deepwoken again when the halloween update happens

And heres my advice:
Deepwoken is UNPLAYABLE at laggy devices, im not kidding, i only truly started progressing when i got a actually good laptop

is there a way to delete a file without dying repeatedly or something? i made a character a few weeks ago but i didn’t know what i was doing so the boons/flaws and points i put in were shit

just wipe yourself it should only take a minute. If you are in a city just attack guards and they will kill you and once you are in the depths just jump into the void.

1 Like

i’ll try that when i have time then, thanks

#1 tip

Join Deepwoken Info

Im gonna go Scrapper and Gourmet :fr: