Different Factions

I have a question for all you you guys. I get almost all my arcane odyssey information from YouTube and the Odyssey Feed. I have read the arcane lore document but I haven’t read the stuff about the story in Arcane Odyssey bc I don’t want spoilers( so pls don’t spoil) but my question is, how many different reputation factions will their be. For the positive rep factions they have the grand navy, assassins syndicate, and a basic hero. At least from what I know. What about the negative reputation people. Will they just have villain? If you have a wiki page/forum describing it you can paste it down below. I just want to know what the plans for negative rep factions are.(Are factions even the right word idk it just fit)

• Positive Rep
  • Negative Rep

0 voters

I am pretty sure that Assassins Syndicate is villian but don’t quote me on that

2 Likes

yknow the ranks of the assassin syndicate are based on bounty right
might be a hint

You don’t have to join the assassin’s syndicate, it’s optional for negative reps just like how Kooning the grand navy is optional for positive reps. You can play factionless or join/create a player-run clan

1 Like

nobody aside from testers and vet’s friends coulf do this, dw

and of the testers i’d say 90% don’t know anything beyond what’s already in-game, which is to be a small portion of the whole at best

No they get their bounty/fame by killing villains with bounty

I know you don’t have to join a faction but my question is, are their factions for villains?

1 Like

The syndicate is a villain faction

might be either become part of the navy or just a free roaming hero

It is? The odyssey feed made it sound like an anti hero kinda thing. I thought they were focused on killing people with bounties. And only villains can have bounties. Would they be neutral then? Bc hero’s and grand navy kill pple with bounties to

you know what would be a great idea?

like some kind of reputation thing where depending on how famous/infamous you are, certain groups in news or npcs might mention you and ask to join them if you’re solo.

for example:

if youre a really powerful rogue hero you might see your name mentioned in the news by the grand navy:

“the grand navy has currently been on the lookout for the legendary hero (insert name), in hopes to recruit them, if you see (insert name), make sure to tell the navy about it! or ask the hero yourself to join”

or something

or a negative rep news article may be:

“the once again mysterious assassin’s syndicate has shown unusual activity recently, stalking the infamous albeit solo (insert name here), known for (insert 1 of their worst crimes), they are notorious across the seas, what the syndicate plans on doing with them is unknown, but be on your lookout”

these messages will only apply to the highest/lowest rep players in the server when the newspaper updates itself

2 Likes

Anyone can bounty hunt, regardless of your reputation. If you’re a good rep or Grand Navy member your fame goes up from doing it, if you’re a negative rep or AS member your bounty goes up from it.

Negative reps have the perk of being able to hunt both good reps and bad reps

3 Likes

grand navy: good rep faction, cant attack each other or other good reps.
as: bad rep faction: cant attack each other (iirc) but can attack other bad reps

1 Like

I want a neutral faction.

make a guild

I meant a neutral NPC faction

Join the merchant guild

I’m not a merchant type of person

there’s a merchant guild?

In AA there was, idk if there actually is one in AO but I slightly assumed there would be cause of sailing merchant NPCs