Dirt gathering changes and island classification

Dirt gathering changes and island classification
effort 4.5 4 quality 4.666666666666667 3 reasonability 4.6 5

Proposal

Dirt gathering right now is pretty egregious and honestly does the exact opposite of what it’s supposed to do right now. Why can I just be opening chests and suddenly look like the boogeyman with how much dirt there is on my body?

I propose we classify islands into certain groups, and classify sub areas on these islands and with those groups we can determine how dirt gathers on your character within them.

Background

Dirt gathering honestly looks absolutely awful on your character, and it’s so annoying to get rid of without a brig. Why do I have to submerge like 17 times just to get it off of me?

The Change

I want static islands in the bronze and nimbus seas to be classified into certain categories: Grassy, Messy, Snowy, Icy, Rocky, and Sandy. These categories would change how dirt gathers while the player is doing activities on them, but would also have a few other little knacks to them like influencing criminal spawns based on their first magic.
Here’s my ideas on how they all could work:

*Grassy islands: *

• Dirt only gathers on your character During combat or when the player is doing a treasure chart.

• Higher chance for certain criminals to spawns here (ones with no magic or a neutral magic. So warrior NPCs, wind conjurer NPCs, berserkers, juggernauts, knights, etc.). Also common for samurai, knight, casual, engineer, and pirate themed NPCs to spawn here.

• Messy islands:

• Dirt passively accrues on your character here, not different from the present. Gathers faster during combat or when digging.

• No specific types of criminals like to spawn here due to the slipshod nature of the island.

• Snowy islands:

• The dirt texture should be changed to snow here, basically dirt that’s white and grey. accrues passively here and comes faster when in combat or when digging.

• Criminal NPCs with ice, snow, wind, or water magic like to spawn here more often. Viking themed NPCs also like to come here too.

Icy islands:

• Dirt, snow, or sand cannot gather here.
  • Similar to snowy islands, the same types of criminals with the same types of magics can spawn here.

Rocky islands:

• Dirt can gather, but only at an extremely slow rate. Going into combat doesn’t increase how much of it gathers here.
  • Earth, crystal, sand, and metal magic NPCs spawn here more often. Mafioso and occult NPCs like to spawn here more often.

Sandy islands:

• Dirt gathering could be replaced with sand, which is similar but beige in color. It accrues passively but faster when the player is in combat or digging.
  • NPCs with heat magics - Fire, Plasma, Explosion, Magma - tend to spawn on these islands more often.

Reason to add/change

Dirt gathering right now is pretty irritating as an addition. It’s not very immersive and fun to deal with, so this idea aims to change that and make it more bearable to deal with, as well as add more immersion to the world with snow and sand gathering too. Seeing certain criminals spawn on an island that aligns with their element makes sense.

1 Like

we don’t need this but it would be nice if it existed (but it wasn’t in the ui)

theres limits to realism

Honestly making the dirt gathering less obnoxious would be a nice change… however.

NO.
DO NOT.
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO.

3 Likes

having dirt gather on your character when getting hit by earth magic or snow on your character from snow magic, sand with sand magic, and etc would be cool too

Yes.

make it slowly melt away if your character’s temperature increases and it’s good

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.