Do we have a full, detailed lore timeline? If not, we should make one

I’m talking not just what’s on the doc, but as much lore info as we can think of to add. It would have information from both AA and AO, as well as anything else confirmed, and maybe there could be color-coding for canon, dubiously-canon, and decanonized info. It would make things a lot easier for all of us, seeing as most people don’t have an entire timeline memorized with exact years for every single story event that ever existed. (I say “most people” because I’m sure someone does, and that someone will be very helpful in this project.)

yes (we don’t)

Do you think we should make one with more detail?

yes (we don’t)

would it be useful? Yes

is it a nigh Sisyphean feat to compile lore fragments across the discord and various trellos? Yes

I mean… I tried once, but then the lore doc update happened so I stopped :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s real asf, the lore is so volatile it’s like the Arcane Universe is in one of those sci-fi movies where time travel keeps rewriting the past/present/future

Idk if you saw this in the arthub discord, but when duck posted this image I was lowkey flabbergasted

Like what does this mean for AA lore, will Vetex want to keep it the same despite him saying that it’s kinda outdated? I mean since there isn’t gonna be another game in the Seven Seas Vetex technically could still change and retcon it. Also wasn’t the Seven Seas using mutations instead of scrolls one of the arguments for them being less magically advanced? I guess you could make it so that the Seven Seas only has the 7 base magics still instead of the 20 in the War Seas, but still bruh things are crazy in the lore world :sleeper:

1 Like

Ooh, its possible that this is because Vetex is thinking of including AA into his book series when he becomes an author after AO. When the lore doc updated, I noticed that there’s actually new text saying that he will also write AA’s story as a book series, not just AO.

Some ideas might be changing as he goes on… :thinking:

1 Like

Holy moly you’re right. So the entire story of AA, besides core plot points, is now for sure tentative. That’ll make creating a timeline including AA wayyy harder to say the least

2 Likes