Duels and Coliseum/new arena

Duels and Coliseum/new arena
effort 1.571428571428571 7 quality 1.714285714285714 7 reasonability 2.142857142857143 7

Proposal

My idea is to add a system similar to trading or parties where people can send a request to dual someone, pretty self explanatory. This will happen in a coliseum, where only players that are dueling are allowed at one time in a fighting range. This will prevent people from intervening while still allowing them to watch, and would keep this place from being rushed to when you’re being chased so that you don’t get the penalty for dying.
There COULD also be a one time toggle for setting a spawn depending on how the area is designed.

The other part of my suggestion is to have a part of the arena completely for npc fighting. There will be various npcs with different builds and moves here that you could ask to duel, similar to the quests in ravenna or Arish Vista. This will allow people of different skill levels and builds to be able to practice without penalty. Some of the higher skilled fighters could maybe give rewards, although otherwise the main perpose of this is for practice.
These npcs would be able to block, dodge, use dodge reflexes, and even use potions and food buffs. There could be different types such as alchemist, knight, etc.

My reason to add this is because a lot of the time many people can’t pvp in the Bronze sea without being interrupted etc. This would also make fighting cleaner and somewhat easier to do, people could also just show up there if you’re looking for a fight.
The npc feature would also definitely help players who are not as experienced learn more, and give higher experienced players more things to do for a reward.

credit to @TheoreticalExistence his suggestion sparked mine

1 Like

By god by golly… Today is the PVP suggestion day! I will say that Mr. Opticalcord may have brewed up something good…

Like the idea of NPC “arenas”!

1 Like

eh. duels are usually fought like an honor system, they trust that people wont interrupt their ones. and usually the duels are fought at munera garden or mount orthys.

Did I not just write this suggestion?

you also do realize that the only place any of this would make sense and work at all is in Elysium, right? the idea you was just jumping all over???

bruh why bad rating

I said it’s in the actual game in a place in a city not a different server full of pvpers

because you just copied my third point and wrote it worse after trashing all over the same suggestion.

once again, are you expecting me to lie to your face and give you a compliment for that?

I think opties suggestion isnt exactly like yours, he gives the idea of a PVE arena!

I made it different bro ok I’ll give you credit

It’s literally the same as you waiting at Munera expecting someone to show up

Let me speak from experience, you’ll find yourself medium-rare before someone even shows up on their own

Why even bother when you can just go to Elysium, a place where PvPers gather?

bec of the npcs part?
that’s half of it

it isn’t the same as waiting at munera, bec there’s the system where you can’t attack people unless they duel, so it’s controlled

We have one already, it’s called the rival system

wdym

Oh wow so it justify adding a worse alternative than something already existed

wdym? ur just saying random stuff atp bec I made a suggestion

I’m sorry but this is just so you

Elysium is better in every ways:

• Better performance
  • People there are ready for PvP at all times
  • Competitive environment with skilled PvPers
  • You cannot lose fame/bounty, infamy
  • No random weather conditions

this arena hasn’t been created yet so that could easily be a thing it’s just number changes

that’s everywhere bro

the whole point of this is so people who aren’t skilled can also pvp

neither do you at munera :skull:

has there ever been a tornado or tsunami like that in munera b4? If yes I’ve never seen it

The rival system give you an opponent that scale with you, learn new abilities and have AI mimicking a player. They also give rare+ charts, pay a little more effort and you literally got 7 whole golden chests in one place

But in the end you’re not gonna learn shit from fighting an NPC, that just won’t happen. PvP and PvE are so different from eachother

not really

and it takes like 20 minutes to spawn them, the point of the arena ppl is so you can do it repetitively

SO WHY NOT JUST USE SOMETHING ALREADY THERE YOU IDIOT

Dude shut up. You’ve been a fodder your whole playtime you don’t know how it feels asking around for a duel

How are they going to learn if all they do are beating a fodder

You must be trolling

Rain and a slight increase in temperature ye

Apparently you missed my entire point. You aren’t learning how to PvP from fighting NPCs

And if you want fast respawning hard NPCs go ahead and aggro those Centurions