Elysium public opening and pvp ranking system

Elysium public opening and pvp ranking system
effort 3.75 8 quality 3.875 8 reasonability 4.2 10

As far as I know, the only current way to get into Elysium is to buy access or join a mod when they are in Elysium. This just seems stupid to me so I’m making a suggestion on how to officially open it.

Suggestion

The portals are permanently open and going into one would transport you to another game in a lobby. From there you could select a type of battle you want to fight, (1v1, 2v1, 3v3, whatever.) and join. You would also have a ranking based system to judge who you would be put up against in the battle.

This would use a matchmaking system which would probably be really hard to code (Judging by how long it took TDS to develop it :frowning: ) (Don’t ask what TDS is, just look it up.)

It probably wouldn’t be worth the time it would take to code, but I feel it would be a very welcome addition to the game. Currently pvp is basically “oh, I’m just going to ambush that guy and deal like 400+ damage before he can react” Or “What the- oh i’m already dead.”

This would be a good way to practise your skill without having to randomly pick fights with people.

7 Likes

would definitely improve the pvp experience in general to have matchmaking for more standardized battle properties

if they’re still looking to monetize Elysium you could pay to host concurrent servers (basically like regular roblox vip servers) and leave the matchmaking free

Basically most ranked gamemodes in other games. I like it (no gear mode pure skill). How do you buy elysium access i think someone said ten dollars for one hour? if so where im just curious I don’t okab ib buying it unless its permenently able to be reopened.

It would actually be really nice if there was a place you could go to PVP people

As it stands right now the PVP aspect of this game is you either jump people in Sameria or get out of there before someone jumps you

what’s tds

tower defense simulator

While I agree with the premise that Elysium should be readily available anywhere, it already kinda is by joining the AOSL Discord server and being there when someone opens a server. Which works well enough now.

It would be better if duels were it’s own thing that isn’t tied to elysium. Also the PvP system you’re asking for (Skill based matchmaking) wouldn’t go well in a game with jank PvP like AO. Because not only will it suffer from the symptoms that many other SBM games have, but combining that with an unbalanced game like AO will lead to various atrocities (like the burning of the library of Alexandria)

These kinds of systems are usually used in competitive kinds of environments so trying to shoehorn that into the 1v1’s system would just ruin it for casual PvPers. Also you yourself said that matchmaking like this would take a while to code, so rather than wasting time implementing SBM we could just reserve the competitiveness for AOSL/Elysium and keep 1v1’s without SBM.

This part is a side point and doesn’t have to do with anything but the best way to practice PvP is to do natural fights in game like Bounty hunts rather than in controlled environments. Which the global PvP system perfectly facilitates (at the detriment of PvE Players lol but who cares about them) like in Rouge Lineage and Deepwoken. Although some people do better in the 1v1 setting better so that would also be good for them to do without high renown losers complaining that they died in a video game.

(It would also increase replayability which is always a good thing)

what the fanumtax!!! w suggest, keep rizzing sigma

YES I WANT

(full sentence)

yes. I’m not really a pvper, but many people would enjoy this. Also Seas Battlegrounds got a matchmaking system fairly easily so IDK why AO would’nt

Would love a deepwoken chime of conflict in AO

Got to give it to you, you always write a lot. How are you doing the ‘taking parts of my thing’?

wdym? if you’re talking about quoting then you just highlight whatever then right click and then press the quote button.

wdym? if you’re talking about quoting then you just highlight whatever then right click and then press the quote button.

huh cool

elyium isn’t gonna be a pvp mode though thats coming later in the future

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.