Elysium Pvp Arena

Continuing the discussion from Reminders for AO (Part 3):

I had a friend who kept saying AO needed an arena universe to PvP in without lag, he doesn’t play anymore but I’m glad it seems like he’s finally getting what he wanted.

1 Like

Wonder if this will be in a seperate universe or just a distant place like akursius

I bet it’s a separate universe, otherwise it would be redundant with Munera Garden.

A seperate universe is better ngl, to prevent lag, less distractions, less snaking and the like

If it’s a seperate universe, would there be an NPC we’d have to talk to in order to get there or be a button on the menu?

AA and AR had menu buttons. That’s the best way to do it imo; it’s quick, and an NPC that takes us there would break immersion since it doesn’t really exist in the War Seas or Dark Seas.

The possibility of a guy giving you combat tag the moment you start tping isnt ideal, you would lose renown immediately and have the possibilities of losing it twice

Menu button all the way
(Npc would make people watch over that npc for free renown and shit)

Oh yeah, didnt Vetex also have ideas for there being duels, and there being an option to bet on it somehow?

So what if there’s this option to duel another player, to bet on who wins, and it immediately transports you to the Arena? Thatd be dope. Though, maybe those who watches somehow can bet on it too

Oh yeah, testers did say the secret feature was planned for quite a while… this is probably it?

1 Like

Would be cool to say lore-wise, you travel to the dark seas to fight in that place, could be placed in the dark sea itself for some visual flair?
If it doesnt lag ofc (especially for laptop gamers)

((My take on it btw im not an avid lore reader lmao))

This is very nice, especially for when we want to pvp with friends.

2 Likes

It is likely, all thats left is to wait

I wonder if theres options for conditions to be enabled or disabled like
You can use potions in this duel or not something like that
Or is it all just skills and builds

Imagine all this hype for a pvp arena because we think we solved it, and it turns out to not be a pvp arena, ooof

the horror

Yeah you could just say it exists in the Dark Sea somewhere, but you would have to be able to access this place from every Warring Sea, right? Lorewise, why would there be an NPC in the southernmost sea to sail you all the way over to an arena somewhere within the northern dark sea? It would be ridiculous.

ok TESTER

If it’s a separate universe place you can just tp to from the title it could also as well be vetex testing separate universes to make other seas more sorted too

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he could also use this as a new UI that will allow you to teleport to any sea you’ve visited before, unlike AA where you could only join the latest sea unless you teleported to another player.

Yea it would be weird to an extent, makes it better that we ourselves go to that place to “prove ourselves” and news of this fight will spread of whether you lost or won, that would give another lore reason of gaining or losing renown

Also these news can spread via your crew snitching on you for example lmao