Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

What’s that website, oh yeah ya forgot rising tide btw

And fury of the sea

Still waiting for attack size buff

TWO CHAPTERS in full release?!?!
I was way off lol, I thought we wouldn’t get story continuation at all since that requires Skyhall to be built and Vetex said that Ravenna is most likely the smallest kingdom island. I wonder if Skyhall is actually smaller than Ravenna, if it’s not then I’m unsure how Vetex could build it and still fit 2 chapters + everything else into a 5 month update.

Yeah, its jover when we are in 3rd sea, or where keraxe is

Skyhall can be fairly big.

Yeah keraxe is in the 3rd sea

A few theories for how Vetex could do this (And other Kingdom islands in the future as Jotunheim might take months otherwise. ).

Theory 1: Multiple islands. Although Skyhall might not have an island the size of Ravenna, it could have five or so smaller islands which can take up the same amount of space when spread out.
Theory 2: Asset reuse. Unlike Sameria and Ravenna which both have their own style of building, houses which utilise the white wood found on Cirrus are already made. Vetex can reuse a couple assets which will still fit in and can save some time.
Theory 3: Grandeur. Vetex should take the chance to fill up a lot of space and make the area feel alive, with little effort. Imagine a giant bridge which fills the gaps between two mediumish islands, and another bridge passing beneath it. It would feel impressive, and take up alot of space, but Vetex doesn’t actually need to add much. He can just massively scale up the bridges on Cirrus, add a bit of detail and it’ll feel impressive already.
Theory 4: Splitting the effort. Lets say Vetex works on the two major Skyhall islands, and then Tobi works on two, Cryo works on another two.
Theory 5: Not all of Skyhall needs to be added. Having a couple important islands for now, and more later is fine.

Cerulea is a ring with a bunch of smaller islands around it, and every Sky Island currently in the game has smaller islands around it, that’s probably how it’ll go.

Exactly my thoughts. It took Vetex around that time to finish the Nimbus update which included far less story than chapters we are gonna get for full release, plus all the big features that will be included on top of that.

The difference with full release is that the story IS the big thing.

this is just flat out wrong vetex has talked about how the glider would work, such as draining stamina while using it

1 Like

Yeah gliding will be an actual feature ingame so you can get to dark sea sky islands and stuff

yeaaa
i wonder if we can use sail patterns on it

I just want it for general purposes. I can get high up, but I fall oh so fast.

pretend there’s fall damage and glider clutch

something worth noting is that since Cannon’s magic requirement is 80 we’re getting access to Ultimate Art: Cannon on mages as soon as the spell drops

3 Likes

Who would ult art a blast that goes through walls?

listen dawg i was joking about laziness :sob: