Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

please do if you can

me too plz

(post deleted by author)

ggs ez you all should give up now

if someone makes brainrot “arcane gyattyssey” ill tweak out

https://x.com/_ArcaneOdyssey/status/1835461098579136516
(Forgot to add the tweet whoops)

Summary:

• Art contest for the Vetcord Server Banner (1st place), and Server Invite Banner (2nd place).

• All 3 winning slots will receive a role on the Forums, and receive an in-game item set.

• All submissions must be original, any useage of AI tools will lead to disqualification.

• Submissions are open for 2 weeks and close on Sept. 29th

How to enter:

• Either reply to the tweet above with “#AOArtContest”, or post in the Art Category on the forums with “Contest” as a tag.

Prizes:

• 1st place: 2.5k Robux, Contest winner role on the Forums, in-game item set (Chestpiece, Leggings, 3 Accessories), Art used for Vetcord Server Banner.

• 2nd place: Finalist role on the forums, in-game item set (Chestpiece, Leggings, 3 Accessories), Art used for Vetcord Invite Background.

• 3rd place: Finalist role on the forums, in-game item set (Chestpiece, Leggings, 3 Accessories)

3 Likes

I’m about to neg this contest so hard

what if we don’t have artist role or twitter account

Do you have connections in high places?

no
Other than that time I pinged mimhere about a bug that was already known about

You could ask someone with the Artist role to post it on your behalf with your username being in the title, description, link to your forum account/topic of the art, etc.

Same thing can be done by someone for the twitter side of things. (Though the option to make a twitter account, follow the submission process, and virtually never use it again works too.)

empires update release date around that time?

generally theyre on fridays and i doubt its releasing this coming friday so my guess is the 27th
12 days until the update lets go baby!!!

They both sound pretty cool. Has Vetex confirmed if we’re getting the 80 strength rare technique this update? If not, I hope he fits it into the auction patch. He said he wants this update to leave the game in a good state until full release, and it’d be weird to go 6 months with an uneven number of spells and techniques.

Can I see :eyes:

He hasnt said anything about any more techniques, and galaga has supposedly been working on that rapier skill for like a month according to the trello so i doubt it.

I also have concerns on how vetex is gonna fit the other 6 islands into the update considering they take time to add, and he still needs to finish the civilization tab and do bug fixes within the next 2 weeks

Vetex has gotta lock in, but he’s doing that thing where he takes a couple days without updating, so I suspect we’ll get a special.

1 Like

What if the new gunpowder-based fighting style is actually about fireworks, not regular explosions? Normal fiery blasts might look too similar to Cannon Fist. I think a fireworks fighting style would be awesome, could maybe even inflict Scorched so it doesn’t steal Charred from CFist. Could have a fuse-based gimmick, like maybe you need to time your attacks right or else you won’t attack with the full force of the blast.

My idea for it was that the attacks would leave clouds of gunpowder behind, which would explode like a second after the attack, dealing bonus damage.

1 Like

Ruin’s Hand’s skill (wich uses Shatter) is white