Enough about AO's rights or wrongs, what are you entirely neutral about?

renown
absolute nightmare to think about

Wooden greatclub

Iron Greathammer

I take it back. I’m neutral towards those little parkour ledges.

Yeah those things only really have any use if you are on harvest island, shell island or sailors lodge. Anywhere else they are just sort of there.

Mostly clans, I just join whoever invites me and then like… claim an island sometimes. I don’t PVP at all (I’m that one person with an inventory full of love potions to throw the moment I get attacked) so that’s probably why lol

Pinecones and mangos

I read this in a racist Dr. Eggman voice.

Sailing in the game.

Idk, maybe like, Mango Island? You know, that one that’s super close to the Beggining island and Edwards island? Yeah

Sea Monsters

At first, the hype got me excited to see one, but now they’re just like, there…
Idk what happened but during Release, White Eyes were so hyperactive that one chased and obliterated me while I was sailing back to Wind-Row from Othrys without me touching the water at all.
Now they barely even aggro on any passing ships, and the Dark Sea variant is more annoying than they are scary

Obolus is somewhat spared from this since it’s rare and has invisibility to make it stand out, but then it’s just another bullet sponge that makes itself an easier target for you by just heading straight toward your ship instead of breaking down, turning on creative mode and starting to breakdance on the sea surface.

1 Like

Argos (him as a boss, not as a character)

he’s… okay as a boss I guess, but he was wasted as character and should’ve been much harder tbh. His fight is fun and all, but he deserved an elius-level spike in difficulty for how cool he was.

The well-revered Ravenna general who even curse users respect Vs. An amnesiac with a flintlock

Argos kicking the wall down still goes so hard for a roblox game.

1 Like

Ok that is true, I’m going to say that Argos got probably the best pre boss cutscene, followed closely by Calvus launching Neviro into the wall.
It’s a shame that Argos didn’t quite live up to the difficulty in his boss fight, at least in character he’s still cool.

About that Arcane Odyssey will be the last game vetexgames will work on.

If he wants to do something else then he should choose so himself, Just because hes not gonna make another game after AO does not mean that he just will suddently stop developing. He still has alot planned for Arcane Odyssey

2 Likes

I feel nothing towards or against the addition of airdashes.

Deckhands
They sure are a feature

The music and sound design.

Some of the musics fairly good. Basically all of it is just okay; different enough for me to recognize the place when i get there. Some places just don’t have music though, which is really lame. And I think a few places in the Nimbus Sea have reused music (I think I heard Shell Island music on Drakos Arch’s beaches once).

The genre of music used is inoffensive but not something I’d ever consider listening to outside of the game.

The ambience can get a bit loud sometimes, namely how waterfalls can become really loud when you randomly stick your camera too close to them while moving around. There’s fake bird sounds at Shell Island, which are nice but I wish they were “more real” instead of only appearing when the Shell Island popup appears at the top. Also wish there were more animal ambiences like… basically everywhere else.

Sound effects can also get a bit loud in combat (e.g. clashing with beast instinct) or when you destroy a lot of things (e.g. you hit two rocks at the same time and your ears are bombarded while your screen is filled with dust). I do kinda like how the sound design in that a lot of random things get sound effects for “immersion” like being inside a tree, but it’s a bit jank sometimes (I stood still in a tree and the leaf rusting sound and visuals were periodically playing).

I don’t like about the sound design is that you can’t change the sound sliders to anything other than multiples of 10%, and that you can’t change some of the sliders to less than 20%.

I do like some thing a bit and hate some things a bit, but overall it adds up to being neutral and generally forgettable.

titles