Equinox flame pipe dream

In recent discussion on my recent topic Discussing the scroll magics having variants it was brought to my mind that if aethereal and dark flame were re-added (which most likely will never happen and won’t even cross his radiance Vetex’s mind) this would in fact allow for the creation of an incredibly volatile power, that of equinox flame, further on referred to as eclipse flare in reference to it’s cousin (the probably still cooler) equinox and its incredibly dangerous volatile nature being less of a burning fire and more a erupting flare.

this topic is a forum for discussion of both this wondrous realization (that will definitely never be made true) as well as the general wondrousness of equinox and everything even tangentially related.

1 Like

sadly this wont happen because scorch, inferno and promethean fl*me are the only ones people care about
i didn’t even know aethereal flame ever existed until recently

I’m gonna say a bad word :smiling_imp:

Yeah that’s why I called it a pipe dream… and explicitly stated it’s definitely not gonna happen

I do think dark flame is really interesting though, effectively slowly burning away your opponents life while there is nothing they can do giving them a horrible painful death, really leans into the dark pit of evil that this magic makes its user dive into.
Aethereal flame could perhaps work as either THE or one of the very few ways to dispell the burning curse of the darkflame.

yeah the spread mechanic sounds super interesting, shame we won’t see it in game though.

2 Likes

I’d gladly trade prom flame being in game for dark flame and aether flame, Vet himself has said that it’ll be hard to add promethean flame cause its canon power is just way too unbalanced to be reasonable so there’s a chance he’ll decide not to add it

Doesn’t affect me either way though, I’m chilling with sun magic

2 Likes

honestly i don’t care if its added or not, it just doesn’t seem too interesting tbh
might be hypocritical coming from the inferno fanboy but at least we’ve seen inferno in action before and know roughly what to expect

Dark Flame and Aethereal Flame over Promethean flame would be great, since Promethean Flame sounds pretty boring to me due to it being just everything instead of a special gimmick while Dark Flame has the spread mechanic which could be hazards that automatically get bigger and Aethereal Flame is uhhh a blind with a DoT? Maybe a blind that constantly increases in intensity since it’s a DoT? (listen it’s Aethereal Flame so few people would use it that people will probably trade it for beginner boss drops even if it’s an Ancient magic )

GUYS HE CUSSED

sounds neat but from an arcane universe stand point to get a specific equinox based reaction (light and shadow magic) i don’t think dark flame or aethereal flame can do such a thing. dunno if dark flame has shadow in it but if it does then neat. if it has darkness however thats already one reaction candidate gone

aethereal sounds like a reference to aether magic which is all about being big and blinding you and is light and lightning (apparently which is neat ig). it doesn’t produce any equinox reaction with darkness and what not cause of the lightning portion or so and whatever makes darkness or smth.

(idr it’s been a long time since i seen that trello with aether and darkness from tech and what not)

outside of trying to be like an equinox light and shadow reaction, the volatility between the two could be possible in some weird wonky way. but it’s far more likely to just be it’s magic with the combination of the two attributes built to be more volatile and reactive to both aethereal and dark flame if either or both is present

side note dark flame is all about spreading which would kinda fail it’s reason of existing if it slowly spread over things. what would be more fitting his just watching ur opponent burn in a horrifying fast fury of black fire

also aethereal flame is just about being brighter and blinding people with the light of the sun or smth

You fool but anime

yunno despite the obvious darkness implementation on Darkflame, I doubt that it has even a sliver of darkness energy required to trigger Equinox

I see Darkflame as the flame with an extremely high spread factor rather than the flame that is imbued with darkness. Basically, What I see is the “Dark” in Darkflame is figurative, as the “Dark” consumes everything in its path but it’s not genuine darkness like Darkness Magic or Death Magic.

Maybe this can also apply to Aethereal Flame, considering it only has the Brightness Factor of Aether, but not the explosion part of it (Thanks Scorch lol), so it’s not purely Aether, which is Explosive AND Bright, but its whatever yunno. Equinox Flame is pretty cool to think about

1 Like

derpy turtle

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.