Eternal's Game Development Thread

yep, thats the plan, actually. Currently, after fixing the really scuffed weather system ill move on to shops and etc (Currency basically)

Nice! Good luck on your project, wish you best. Also let us know once you do a stress-test or the sort, ill be sure to check It out.

will probably take a WHILE, lol

ok i need a poll here.

How should Spawnpoints Work.
  • Bunch of inns scattered around the map that you can set spawn at.
  • Limit Spawning to cities only.

0 voters

Oh yea, dying is meant to be kinda harsh in this game (No permadeath, though, but itā€™ll be REALLY annoying)

The inn idea is pretty good

Nvm, having limited spawn points would probably be better then

Do you have a link to the game that we could use to check it out?

its ridiculously incomplete and has barely any features rn lol, ill release it in the futureā€¦ probably.

1 Like

Good luck with it though.

Havenā€™t been working in it the past 2 days cause I wasnā€™t home at all, but currently got the HP system working, though, it currently has a fucked up easing direction.

I need another poll lmao.

Some changes since last time:

• Redid movement animations
  • turned the glitched HP bar into a feature
  • Made a few buildings
  • more details to the ice place
  • Currency is now fully functional, and added data saving.

But like. The problem I have now is the city design. Itā€™s kinda meant to be like a kingdom ish place, sort of European like, but the walls holy shit.

Should the walls be:

• Straight/Blocky perimeter , Sort of like Summer Hold.
  • Actually curves-ish (If you get what I mean)

0 voters

Awesome. One thing I just donā€™t get is why the fuck are people obsessed with the blocky R6 characters? Whatā€™s wrong with R15, personally I think R15 would and looks way better in most games like these. Maybe Iā€™m just too used to AA and WoM but I just donā€™t see the appeal

unironically i think the sentiment goes both sides.

Also, the game WAS supposed to be R15. I also found out that itā€™s 10% easier to code with R6

Itā€™s roblox so people probably wouldnā€™t mind square blocky cities

As long as your geography is style consistent Iā€™d say thatā€™s what matters most (and enjoyable/not annoying to travel through)

House.

Any advice? It looks a little plain imo.

Depending on whether it is permadeath or not a place where you end up when wiped also some kind of a forest with chest and trinkets etc

already planned, but not permadeath (kinda like A:FRs system thing)

Add little lanterns to it like this
lantern

R15 is pretty mid

Oh ty! Never considered that lol. Planning to add like a tarp thing to the side too.