Eternity Man | Chapter 1

Eternity Man - Chapter 1

Modern Time…

As the world burned before his eyes, a tear shed down his face. Fire in the streets, splattered blood on the ground, windows to stores shattered to pieces, it was all so, so beautiful.

From the sky above, the clouds parted like a swarm of fish from a predator in the ocean and a giant sphere of death came down slowly as every millisecond passed by. The world was finally ending, and Erwin had a front row seat of it.

He reached out his hand to his side and what responded was a soft hand gripping to his. He looked briefly to his hand, then back to the sky. Erwin had always hated the sky, but at least now he wouldn’t have to see it again.

As the meteor crashed, a large wave rushed towards his face, and then-

Nothing…

Many Years Before… - Erwin: Age 0

News Network Jingle Plays on Television

“Breaking News, This! Just! In! It has been reported that at the local police station parking lot, some sort of circular shoe box (as it’s described) came from the sky! The local residents have been frightened to death over this mysterious phenomenon.” The other news reported then chimed in.

“That’s right Deborah, in fact we have one of our great journalists, Dan, on the scene right now! Take it away Dan!”

“Roger, we talked about this, did we not? If you steal my line again I’ll strangle you with my own unborn son’s ambilic-” The screen then transferred quickly towards the journalist in front of the local police station parking lot.

All around the place there were local shop owners and residents who had drove from their homes just to see what had happened. A sort of circle was made from the object that appeared above from the sky, and a lot of confused and scared faces were made on what it could be.

“Thanks guys! As you can see here, things are getting pretty rattled up here!” Dan then laughed nervously with the mic freezing still inside of his hands. “Get it… cause Deborah’s pregnant and she’s gonna have a baby soon…” He continued.

The cameraman just shook himself and the camera simultaneously in a disapproving manner.

As the little amount of smoke cleared from the crash, the owner of the local donut shop steadily went towards the crater and opened the top of the object that was in it and became stunned at what she saw. “Guys look! It’s a baby in perfect condition!”

“Did somebody say a baby in perfect condition!” A guy arrested in the back of a police vehicle yelled creepily.

“Can someone please get that guy in the station already!” The local Sheriff yelled. As the sheriff calmed down, he approached slowly inward into the middle of the crater and soon saw the eyes of the baby twinkling like stars on a cool, dark night.

“Don’t worry little fella, I got you.” The Sheriff carefully picked up the child in his arms softly while swaying him side to side. He didn’t appear to be crying, but had a face of pure calmness as if everything was normal.

He then whispered to the baby, “Around these parts I’m Sheriff Ryker, but you can call me Papa. I have a feeling that you’re a special one! I think I’ll call you…” The Sheriff then briefly paused and looked up into the sky as if he was remember a memory while smiling with joy.

“I’ll call you Erwin!”

End of Chapter 1

2 Likes