Every sea needs a major island that players need to fight over

Every sea needs a major island that players need to fight over https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/3/5/35f9acccb66c65a3c2f5c81214868f2a0cf6bf6f_2_1024x710.jpeg
effort 3.571428571428572 7 quality 4.5 4 reasonability 4.75 8

Back in AA one of the most fun activities was claiming an island and waiting for its chests to refill as you gain infamy. Players would come to me and fight me for the possession of these chests constantly.

AO doesn’t really have this kind of fun as all the island give you virtually the same reward for holding them (Silverhold obviously doesn’t count), so players don’t really have to fight over anything. This is not an infamy suggestion, its an add fun suggestion, you can put any renewable resource on an island that makes camping on it worth it.

This is the coolest way in my opinion to naturally integrate PVP into the game, and I feel like this was the role Fort Castrum was meant to fulfill, I was kinda sad it didn’t make it to the potions update.

2 Likes

Yeah, entirely reasonable and would allow what is basically munera garden on a clan scale :+1:

This is more a symptom of a larger issue, that being clans aren’t really worth investing into. The only thing you get out of a bigger clan is slightly more money storage (which 99% of the clan will never benefit from) and more prestige (which in reality only serves to put a big target on your back at all times).

Idk how it worked in AA but I’m fairly sure clans and wilderness islands had much more worth attached to them, which inherently led to them being fought over.

1 Like

Exactly, back in AA clans could earn not only infamy but also currency from claiming islands, and they could also build fortresses and structures there that made it even harder for others to steal their island, I think the empires update will definetly make clans worth investing into it, and vetex also had a lot more ideas for them at the trello so all we can do is wait. Also back in AA boss armor was way rarer than in AO and enchantment scrolls didn’t exist so the armors from chests were way more valuable making them more desired since only the chests would give you a decent armor to continue, meanwhile in AO we have boss drops dark sea items enchantment scrolls etc etc.

2 Likes

yea the only time individual clan members benefit from a clan is when the clan is extremely small and tightknit.

otherwise there is literally no reason to join one lol

wait for clan building update

2 Likes

man, i remember trying to see what that place in the image was about, then i got absolutely nuked :sob:

Nice idea, I did that back then too!

It’s not that clans are or aren’t worth investing in to nor is it really the point. People join clans because it’s fun; It doesn’t have to be profitable because the players can have fun and steal islands, do clan wars, and gank more than they could without a clan (without being a leaderboard player of course).

this was planned for the empires update but im voting cuz i want it to happen :slight_smile:

Bro we need this. Would be sick if you can get chests from an island. Maybe for the longer you hold the island, the more chests appear. Then you can break trees for wood to reinforce your base in case of attacks. To get to the “battlefield”, you have to blast through the fort wall with boat cannons. When you beat the entirety of the population including NPCs and Players, you win over the island. It would also be cool if you can reinforce the wooden walls with metal scrap to survive moe cannon fire.

Bro what is the point :skull:. Why would you build if no one will ever contest you on the island

Most useless update if building is asthetic

…why wouldnt you build if theres no risk of the island being taken and losing everything you built there
and thats not even including the discount

That is a waste of resources, doesnt say any perks of building as far as I know

If you got money or stuff, then worth it

:skull:

1 Like

Because it’s the Top Clans. They’ve already clawed their way to the top to acquire these islands, there’s no point in building on them if some other Clan’ll roll through and demolish it all.

fair enough