Evolving magic

the arcane lobotomy got him :pensive:

Heā€™s talking about the original magics and mutations in Arcane Adevntures.
In AA, the base magics were earth, water, wind, fire, lightning, light and shadow.
In AO, we have new base magics like explosion, magma and acid that were originally planned as mutations of base magics in AA.

Magic evolution (mutations) was a planned thing in AA, but Vetex decided to use scrolls instead for the War Seas

1 Like

this is a good point, but itā€™s also true the other way around, where having mutations could limit the types of lost and ancients magics available by not having a clear magic to evolve from, such as wave or shatter magic

where do you believe you saw this? i might research it?

You can just decided to not replace it, base magics will always have higher tiers than losts due to lower unlco requirements

Also Lost and Ancient arenā€™t meant to be blatantly stronger than Base, just more unique

i think that was what was said for lost and ancient spells, we donā€™t know that about magics

Seems pretty logical, some magics just being straight upgrades is horrible game design since some people like their base magics better, they should all be equal strenght but with varying level of complexity

vetex has said before that there would be some way to upgrade base magics to be on the same level as losts, but it was a long time ago

Remember that you wonā€™t be able to replace your first magic since it the magic that you are borned with plus remember that mage will only be able to have 2 lost magics or 1 ancient and 1 lost magics as lost and ancient magics will replace your 3rd or 2nd magic

get a lost scroll and then trade it for the one you want. they will most likely have the same value.

lost magics will have pity just like sunken

to my knowledge, a method of changing first magic was confirmed a very long time ago because being locked to one specific magic in a game you can put hundreds of hours into and never being given the opportunity to try new things without resetting to 0 is pretty dumb.

in a game with long progression and grind, being bound by an uninformed choice you make right after creating a file with no way around it is crazy lol

1 Like

when the story gets longer with the pity you 100% gonna get one via pity at some point. while for fishingi itā€™s a bit less likely

so thatā€™s cool

donā€™t tell that to rell seas fans, they believe stat point resets shouldnā€™t exist, you can just start anew or use another slot (iā€™m generalising, but some people actually said that)

they mean you wonā€™t be able to replace it with a lost or ancient magic, thereā€™ll still be a way to change your base magics

oh hey, yet another reason not to be excited for one piece game #2310965

you done know rell seas is going to be like 20x more grindy than AO ever has been lol.

dunno. might be, might not be

AO when half way done is gonna be a BIG game with alot of content and stuff to farm for. and again that would be like level 300. level 600 is gonna be bonkers amount of grindy

so idk if rell seas will be more grindy, but who cares if the grind is fun lol

anyway i highly doubt the rellbrothers are that braindead to not give a way to reset your statpoints. you could do that in their naruto game (though only really through robux or codes iirc) but with rell seas they have been doing good on the MTX front, so yeah, i believe there will be a free non-code way to reset stats

well its a one piece game on roblox, thatā€™s immediately sent any expectations straight to the core of the earth lol.

i mean theyā€™ve shown and explained enough for me to have hope

like you can choose the race, instead of having to spin for it.

thereā€™s no bad MTX, so no fruit finder for example (finally makes randomly spawning fruit system good)

unlinear progress so kinda like AO where you can do what you want to progress

and combat does look fun, but will have to play it to know it obv lol