Excuse me. What about bloxburg again 🥶

Imagine how much Adopt Me would be then

well, there is a BIG I TRUE there so the legitimacy of it is up in the air but if true… is it possible for old vetex to be bought out?

I mean who owns a roblox game, roblox or the creators themselves, I mean dota was a mod for warcraft 3 (the original) and that became its own independent series. so… take this all with a kilo of salt until we know more.

personally, I hate it because I see ROBLOX as a bastion for open game development alongside game jolt and I’m afraid people like vetex will be few and far between.

if he sells his games yeah

did some google searches and i couldnt find anything official saying who owns it, i remember seeing a while ago about roblox owning the assets you upload but im not sure

they are and have been for years

I kind of doubt he we do that unless it’s like what bloxberg

thanks better than nothing.

well, I meant indie devs in general, if corporation could just waltz in and buy ROBLOX games what stopes them for doing more, I mean ROBLOX always incentivizes shelling out for mentions (the whole sponsored section proves that) what stops corporations with tons of money from buying out all the ad space, I mean in terms of legality ROBLOX is basically the wild west in terms of rules, they control the platform and they are judge, jury and executioner for their platform.

they do this already

either way ads and sponsors no longer matter since they dont show for 99% of the playerbase (<13 users) so they hardly even get a fraction of the clicks they used to

Ads on roblox personally never bothered me
Ads on YouTube are literal hellspawns summoned by the most infernally avaricious demons in the burning cauldron of hell

First, brands started making their own Roblox games for advertisement, and now a game studio has bought a preexisting Roblox game. This is interesting.

So basically what’s happening hear is that Embracer is a company that owns a bunch of game studios. One of the game studios that they own is Coffee Stain. Coffee Stain will be working on Welcome to Bloxburg from now on.

Source:
Roblox is Changing Forever… - YouTube