Extending the Server Shutdown warning to 30 Minutes

Extending the Server Shutdown warning to 30 Minutes
effort 0.0 0 quality 3.0 1 reasonability 5.0 4

Changing the Server Timer from 10 mins to 30 mins

Details

There is not much to this suggestion. The server timer is far to short of a warning to people in the dark sea. It takes too much time to both get out of the dark sea THEN have to find a dock to unload.

Reason to change

Just extend the timer to 30 mins so people in the dark sea have a fair chance of getting out and not losing everything.

I view this proposal as a very useful change, however a counterargument is that people can look at what the server age is -and join younger servers- before going to the DS. even so i find this a change, that is not necessarily needed, but one that will be highly valued

5 Likes

Glad you agree!

make it an hour

1 Like

perhaps 45-60 minutes would be better

thats valid. but i do wonder if the average player can just pull up the menu and look at the server age and just tell when the server might shut down

wont a new update remove the necessary of this? since chests will be stored if you log out now ( as long as you werent in combat )

or is it only for crossing sea borders?

2 Likes

I think it’s only for crossing into other seas, not for server timeouts but if it does then this will be pointless.

i think you’re right, the 1.14.45 trello update log talks about

’ * When sailing between seas, anything placed on the deck of your ship is now placed into its “storage”, which can be viewed by a prompt at one of the ship’s grates on the deck.

• Objects in the ship’s storage save between servers, but half of its contents will be lost each time your ship sinks.
  • The contents of the ship storage are sold when you tell your quartermaster to unload your ship.’

of which the 1.14.46 continues with

‘* Combat logging now causes your ship’s storage to be completely emptied.’

and it doesn’t say anything about changing the retention of cargo when ur leaving/getting kicked cuz of server ageing (i’m assuming this is the case since the nimbus sea will be a diff server from the bronze sea; which gives the same effect as leaving a server)

1 Like

Only for crossing sea borders. I think you only keep whatever is already in the storage when you leave

updates:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.