Extra Idle Animations

Extra Idle Animations
effort 4.625 8 quality 4.666666666666667 9 reasonability 4.727272727272728 11

I haven’t made a suggestion in a while, but I think my ideas have gotten better over that period of time (some of my past ideas were, more or less, trashy.) So I thought I’d suggest something simple.

Now, does this have a reason to be added? No. But I think it’d be cool if, instead of just stretching, we also had chances at doing something more. It could even change depending on our environment.

For instance, if we’re in a cold area, maybe we’ll cross our arms and shiver. If in a hot climate, maybe we’d fan ourselves off. In a place that might be considered windy (say, Wind-Row Island… I think it’s windy anyway), maybe we shield our face from the oncoming wind.

Additionally, it could change with the time of day, with us possibly yawning when it’s late.

Also, although more complicated to add, we could also have idle animations based on our chosen weapons (unsheathing and examining), fighting styles (shadow boxing?), and magics (creating a little flare in our hands before it quickly dissipates.)

I think it’d be a cool thing that breathes more life into our characters. Unneeded, but cool regardless. Similar to how, when in cold areas, we have visible breath. Stuff like that, which give the world a more realistic feeling.

This could also be something that’s changed depending on your animation pack, like the Boss Animation Pack maybe making you cross your arms and glance off to the side, etc. etc.

I just felt like suggesting something since I haven’t been here in ages (haven’t played AO in general much recently.)

I see why this probably wouldn’t be added, but I don’t see anything wrong with the idea. Lemme know what yall think I guess. Bye!

8 Likes

Also, following this up, although honestly way too complicated to add; if it could change with vanity, too (ex. pulling up a scarf in cold areas), that’d be cool.

Again, unnecessary but totally cool.

Give us more immersion features like this instead of tanning

Yes please, it’s the little things like this that make a game feel alive

i’d say it’s an amazing feature, the only questions i have about it is how much pressure it will create/ how heavy it will be for the game.

Yeah! I really like this suggestion! I don’t care if it might be too complicated, I still think this is a really good idea to be added in-game. Some really nice immersion rather than just looking around or stretching lol

Savants on their way to wait hours before seeing every idle animation:

Hehe, need an animator?

yes this is way better than tanning and dirt buildup

Another feature for vetex to delay the inevitable (game balancing)

Never seen a dude asking for more idlebreakers, surprising

Cool idea. Now let’s watch as vetex instead adds “frostbite”, a system where your character turns paler on cold islands.

i think the weapons would be kinda hard/cause some problems depending on how it detects what you have and the animation itself, as players may see it as your drawing them to attack, if its a fidgety player, but the scarves should just be a change to the mesh, as it could just need a new model that supports a animation rig, same thing could be done with say, a coat with a hood, just 1-2 new models that are rigged for simple animatons, would need a ‘bone’ or two to work for scarves, a few more for the hoods, some that are moved, the other(s) stationary to dictate the body of the model

Considering we got the impatient foot tapping animation as a more recent addition (I don’t think it was in WoM), new idle animations would not be unheard of, and could be quite nice to see.

Extra detail never hurts, nice idea.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.