Extreme Diff Fight Rewards!

Extreme Diff Fight Rewards!
effort 4.5 4 quality 4.428571428571429 7 reasonability 4.875 8

Proposal

If you fight and defeat a criminal more than 150% of your current level (level 204 for a level 136 player) they should drop rewards (charts, really) as if they were your rival.

Details/background on your proposal

Everyone’s seen the level 260 criminals roaming around the nimbus. There’s currently no reason to fight them. Might as well give them some nicer drops.

Reason to add/change

It would be more satisfying to get something good from a really hard fight. Also, while some might argue that we’ll soon get to a level where this will no longer apply to nimbus criminals, realistically, this sort of thing will repeat whenever the criminal level caps go up. Furthermore, this could set up a system where some criminals may spawn at a much higher level than the current sea’s average or cap, allowing you to fight a more challenging opponent for somewhat better rewards.

Anyways yeah would be neat.

9 Likes

Actually really like this idea, for the ability for players to push themselves beyond what should be possible in order to obtain greater rewards.

An issue that quickly springs to mind, however, is that it isn’t exactly hard to cheese the NPCs. Say, for instance, one digs itself into a cliff below you. Now it’s Open Season to just peek over the ledge and spam placed explosion spells to off them. This is even more true for optimal DPS builds with high DOT magics like Acid, Magma or Poison.

That main gripe aside, this is a classic RPG mechanic and would make sense if it were implemented.

i dont really see an issue if its only charts

Make it 250% and actually gonna be good

Yeah, but it would be nice to get some exclusive criminal weapon or armor set as well, because just charts are gonna get boring, and it is easily farmable with 2-3 people. Right now, the drops are just horrible, would wish to get smn cool

nah, i’m not fighting things twice my level for a useless chart

250% of 136 is 340 so that wouldn’t be possible

exactly, I want something that doesnt dissapear over death

it would also be nice if they dropped around 100 galleons instead of like 8 for some reason

Im a mage

I would like a reason to fight the minibosses roaming around sameria so yea

If you hunt them you get a decent bit, but that’s annoying bc you never know when you’re gonna encounter a criminal

if i hunt them i get basically the same amount as if i hunted a level 160 npc

ye fair enough

the problem is they’re piss easy

its just charts

I do like this idea however i do worry about the longevity of it, assuming tlno major hiccups or roblox updates bricking the game, the max lvl is going to get capped at 1000, and idk about you but trying to fight lvl 1.5k criminals seems like a nightmare

Who will win:
Potential man vs Criminal with arguably more potential (they achieved their 3rd awakening at level 100 earlier)

I think this game could definitely use some harder, more rewarding PVE content.

All we have right now are boss refights, which are more mind-numbing than difficult, and level 240 pirate captains & rivals, neither of which are more rewarding than their lower level variants.

I’m hoping something like this is going to be implemented, because once the nimbus sea is complete and the level cap goes up, the PVE content is probably gonna go back to being really easy.

This would give more of a reason to fight harder npcs. Personally I think this should also effect drop rates. For example, there isn’t a good reason to fight Monstrous Atlanteans if the drop rates are the same for a mutated Atlantean or even a lost sailor