Feedback of level design

the level design is very bad in game, there is no valley, mountains, secret passages, secret areas, the areas are very repetitive, everything is very open, there are few unevennesses, the areas are very flat, the level design is horrible.i know have mountains, and secret passages, but take the map of Forbbiden Woods of Bloodborne and compare with Whispering Forest area, the level design is bad

2 Likes

two things
first of all

we have a mountain
two in fact

they exist, you just don’t know where to look

second
tgr’s happening, map’s changing to islands

1 Like

There a ton of secret areas like the hidden tavern or the dragon skull

There are two mountains and a bunch of hills in bronze grasslands.

If you want valley go to Bronze Grasslands.

what’re you trying to say…
Meh compared to other games the map design is pretty good.

Although I can agree to a slight extent hehe. But why are you comparing a free roam game to a souls game?

Well what did you expect? This game is still in development

Uh, we have the Bronze Grasslands and Mt Sea Watch for that, but yeah, it does get pretty repetitive with the Whispering Forest.0 taking up most of the map, we still have variety though

What did you expect, this is an open world rpg

Like I said, it’s still in development

Then why did you bring it up?

Why are you comparing Bloodborne to an area from a lego game? There’s always gonna be an obvious difference, especially since most of the game is made mainly by one person

You’re comparing a AAA game with hundreds of devs to a Roblox game with 1 developer. AO graphics are good enough.

there’s also no burger king or mcdonald’s, worst world-building ever

better yet, why are they comparing a triple A game to a free to play roblox game?

1 Like

LOL hehe.

That’s the only thing I don’t like about this game that isn’t centered around players, I just wanna eat burgr already

The map design throughout Magius currently is very bland and copy and paste ish. You can take 2 sides of whispering forest and they’re look completely similar. There’s no variety in what each area has. Even take Rogue Lineage as an example, Royal Woods has at least some memorable areas within it such as Church of the Prince, an Oblitesk, memorable terrain layout, etc. WoM has I guess a bland ass mountain, trees, a ruined tavern which doesn’t even have lore, trees, trees, etc.

Secrets in WoM are basically all uncovered. The only very memorable secret is that stone statue, which can be viewed on the MAP. That can barely qualify as a secret if it isn’t even challenging to find. The reward for little secret mazes and such are just chests too being lackluster. They don’t feel rewarding to find and get to the end.

Bad mountains

Bad secrets that aren’t even rewarding

The map design is so boring and not even close to memorable. Way too flat and doesn’t even have anything interesting going on. It all feels like a similar mess that really needs distinction. It also just doesn’t feel fun to roam around in as you can’t really mess around with all the movement we have due to the horizontal layout of the world

Now you’re just contradicting yourself can you decide whether or not there are mountains and secret passages

It depends on what you believe to be fun and interesting.

Since, clearly for you running around Magius was boring, it wasn’t that way for me. :frhigh:

don’t bother tryna make feedback
at least not rn
the whole game’s getting a phat rework

TGR moment

I take it you haven’t heard of TGR. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have wrote this.

Vetex is already aware of all the map issues in the game and that is why TGR is happening in the first place. While you are correct on some of these, I will still dissent some of your claims.

This is the stupidest claim here. Last time I checked it’s an open world rpg, of course everything is going to be open as that is the point of rpgs like these. When tgr drops, there will be several islands instead with boats for travel.

??? You’re contradicting yourself here m8.

He’s got a point though, there aren’t 6057363674 secret areas and also no pet eggs smh where is pet eggs smh smh

hes kinda right the terrain in wom pretty trash, thats why we are getting tgr anyway