Fighting Style: Southern Sword Style

Upon your Defeat of Krios at the blistering Southern edge of the world. He will offer to teach you in the Old way of Fighting, The Southern Sword Style.

This style contains Melee based attacks that have a chance of applying blinding to your target. It is the mother of all Sword styles and will not disappoint.

Starlight Fury- Flury of slashes tear the target apart and the target is kicked forwards and is impaled upon the user’s sword the user attacking them from behind

Constellation Rush- The user rushes forwards and performs a Katana rush that ends with Swords of Light impaling the foe applying Bleed and Blinding

Heaven Ripper- user Performs a triple Great Slash that propels them forwards

Cutscene Move: Shining Brilliance Furious Shadow- User will Enchant their sword in a Blazing Midnight Blue Glow and transforming it into an utterly massive broadsword and create a series of afterimages rushing their opponent combining into one. The user will then slam their opponent upwards and perform a raging storm attack ending with them leaping forwards to impale their foe.

As usual with a fighting style, there will be changes to basic combat. The user of Western Spear Style will obtain a Midnight Blue aura around them and their Sword
They will also hold their sword in a dragging way along the ground because of the sheer weight of the aura and at higher levels on their back in the Broadsword format.

Your attacks will be slower but with much higher damage and range. You also gain the ability to slice through many kinds of magic projectiles the tiers of which depend on the level of the character.

Stop with the directions lol, I know my way around a compass!

1 Like

Lol

Can you please make a suggestion that’s NOT North, South, East, West, Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, nor Southeast.

My Point on this suggestion

Suggestion Unvote Reason

You see, Finnalca, I like these suggestions, but there’s a reason why I don’t vote for them.

1. I’d rather let Vetex handle fighting styles that are coming to the game. The fighting styles would probably be relative to characters, events, or places that are in the story/lore, rather than something that would be added to a game we don’t know that much about yet.
  2. Almost all of them are based on direction. Southern, Eastern, Northern; you gotta come up with something a little more refined and detailed.
  3. Will Krios even be in the story? We don’t know, so defeating him and obtaining this fighting style isn’t known.
  4. This doesn’t really sound like a fighting style, just a weapon-type thing with more moves and stuff; kind of overpowered when I think about what they do.
  5. Starlight Fury; how would the person be impaled if they’re thrown back? They’d have to fly into the sword, which means the sword would be behind them. A little more detailed, as said in #2.

All in all, even though they’re good, I’d rather let Vetex and his group of builders/testers handle fighting styles at this moment.

3 Likes

I understand your points but I request to clarify them. The four cardinal directions are meant to represent Four different Bosses specifically the Titans that Held down Ouranos (Koios Krios Iapetus and Hyperion) while Kronos chopped his sack off (yes THAT ONE in a literal sense it was then thrown into the ocean where it became sea foam and then Aphrodite). These styles were originally attached to bosses and the description movesets drops of those but It was suggested to me by @Inferno to separate them .

I do not know if Krios will be in the story. But I left it vague enough to be a standalone boss in the southern reaches of the world

You can look back to my previous post for a better example of a fighting style

And an error on my part they will be impaled from behind by the user and will be fixed shortly

Earlier I came up with a fighting style for those who have the mercenaries profession which I hope will be added. I thank you very much for your helpful suggestion to my writing

Alright, got the cardinal directions.

But even though it’s a cool sounding fighting style, it can sound a little overpowered, with high damage (even though it’s a little slow). Plus, if the bosses don’t exist in the story/lore, how would the fighting styles exist? We don’t know if they’re part of it, which is why I haven’t voted for it yet.

Personally I don’t know if VETEX will add them but he can use them if not for bosses and fighting styles but for skills in the Weapon skill tree. Any ideas on how to balance it better?

When I read this, it sounds like you’re talking about a completely different game

2 Likes

somethings can be combined like similar fighting styles, but if its as drastic as a boss to a magic then no

More context please?

Where is this location?

see the 2 lost magic suggestions you put? why not just combine them into 1. you really dont need 2 different ones just for that unless they’re so drastic of ideas

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.