First piece of non-pixel Art

Here is my WoM character called Glenn Graves. Soon to be a Glass Warlock

Been practicing traditional art for a couple months now and decided to actually make something.
I have no idea how to use the software. If anyone uses Krita please help me!

33 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire:

This is so Theos_good

Good, but I think black clothes would have more skin matching. While white clothes and black skin makes my eyes hurts, but at all picture is good.

:sunglasses: based

Cool art by the way. I like how you did his stance.

what happend with his arm
arm

2 Likes

A fellow krita enjoyer I see.
What parts of the software are you struggling with?

Other than being as second right arm I wasn’t too sure what to do this this arm.
The goal was something like this but with a magic circle, I did not know how to do glass effect work so I just made a white outline for the cracks

I’m fine with sketching, I struggle when from that step onwards from line art → colouring → shading.
I assume there are some recommended ways and a brush for line art and so on.

wow this is good how did you do the lineart

this feels, very just, very mildly racist lmao, no offense.

There probably are recommended brushes but as I only use one I can’t really comment lol.
If you don’t use them already, layers are an invaluable asset.
Creating a separate layer for each stage helps separate the process and makes it easy to reverse or make changes as needed.
There’s also the fill tool which makes coloring in sections a breeze.
I highly recommend checking out the user manual and the getting started section, they contain alot of art tips and technical information that may be of benefit to you.

I use krita help meh :sob:

1 Like

For the lineart I pretty much just went over my sketch with this inking brush I found from experimenting
Draft → Sketch → Lineart

this is so out of pocket for no reason
the white clothes are fine :sob:

bro what

:-1:

biggest L take ever on the forums???

I think the take that mentally ill people should be genocided was a bigger L personally

Fair