Fixing the Chef deckhand profession

Fixing the Chef deckhand profession
effort 5.0 2 quality 4.75 4 reasonability 4.75 4

Chef deckhand is a problem

it goes without saying that right now out of all the options for deckhands the chef one is by far the WORST to pick and is almost negative to have rather than just useless

Proposals to fix this problem :

(1) Adding a filter that allows certain tiers and variants of fish to go untouched by the chef (removes it being a negative and makes it just useless)

(2) giving the same amount of golden/legendary fish scales upon cooking and making sure the fish is registered in the fish journal before cooking
(removes it being a negative and gives it 1 positive of getting scales faster)

(3) Removing the Chef’s access to the fish caught by the crew ENTIRELY and giving it another function which is being a better cooking pot

how it works : it starts with the ability to cook food worse than a regular pot then eventually reachs the ability to cook meals on par with meals cooked using a silver pot

(4) Complete removal of the deckhand type with a better more useful type
(EX : Blacksmith deckhand)

Reason to add/change

1. as it stands right now having a chef deckhand is entirely negative in the favor of the player

2. to reward the players that went in blind without any prior knowledge making a legendary chef deckhand only to realize its terrible

3. To help make the picks of deckhand professions be more diverse between players rather than the stale state its at right now
    (everyone picks the same professions for their deckhands making it very hard to find a unique ship)

Final note :

Click here

a common argument against these changes is “why pick it at all” all the way to “just ignore it exists lol” which is borderline annoying. just because something with a negative effect can be avoided doesn’t mean u shouldn’t fix it or straight up act like it doesn’t exist

0 voters
2 Likes

This I a good idea cause it actually makes you want to make use of chief and make the useful and yes we do need a blacksmith deckhand

1 Like

Tbh there should be a new dialogue to say I want you to cook something then you give them the ingredients

2 Likes

I don’t really know what to say to this besides that I hope this gets added

1 Like

Please 3

Oh my other thing

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.