a large, blank. white void.

suddenly, the door behind you vanishes

the ground is made entirely of prisma.

it’s like an endless ocean…

I turn on the laptop twice

…no effect

what is this place?

hmm, I check my documents to see if there’s any information

you walk around aimlessly in the silent limbo as the gentle fractalizing of the prisma echoes dully in the void you’re in, until eventually, you stumble upon what looks like a table, and a chair.

someone is sitting on that chair.

I take out two drinks, open one, and offer the other to them

where am i

“have a seat”

you hear a voice inside of your head, as a new chair forms from the ground, made of prisma.

the person in the other chair… is odd to say the least.

they have no color, entirely different shades of grey, and their face, is seemingly obscured by a black, 2d square…

no matter what angle you look at them, this square perfectly hides whatever is behind it.

somewhere on floor 47

(I sit down)

Hello! Who are you?

as you sit down and get a better look at them, there’s a few features that stick out from the black square.

2 tendrils on either side of their “head”, that resemble something akin to that of hair.

the rest of their body is strange too:

a large, oddly shaped tail

and the clothing they wear is even harder to describe, though it resembles a jacket of some kind.

“Glad to see you made it on time”

“thanks for bringing some drinks”

the being mysteriously has one of your soda cans, despite never grabbing it from you directly.

You’re welcome

“Isn’t it a pretty view?”

You stare off into the endless, blank void, the prismatic floor quietly hums.

“Really takes your breath away, doesn’t it”

It’s certainly rather interesting, and certainly not what you’d see on a normal day. May I take some pictures?

“go ahead”

your camera takes a photo.

the picture is just static.

“What a lovely photo! hang that one up on a wall somewhere”

Is there any entrance to the containment cell? If not, is it breakable? Do I see anything of interest

Thanks!

(I start to try a recording of the conversation as it continues, setting my phone down).

Would you mind if I were to inquire as to why I got here?

you’re not forklift certified, unfortunately :pensive:

but you do find something of value here…

CLEARANCE CARD: LEVEL 4
EMPLOYEE ID

I’m taking that card.

I will now attempt to use the forklift now that I predict this makes me forklift certified…

“It’s nothing much, really”

the being sips their soda a bit more, it’s sorta weird to watch a black square drink a can of cola.

“you’re all making good progress so far, and I thought I’d make myself known to each and every one of you one at a time.”

“I’ve already talked to one of your little gang, that aegis fella? whatever their name was… I think I’ll call them… sock…”

“anyway… where were we? ah yes, me.”

“I didn’t tell your friend my name, because, well, quite frankly I don’t have one! ha!”