Forum Curses: The Second Act

eh, I realized I’m not much of a fighter

mint, you gotta do your best for me if I give you something of mine

Ah, a match that works as a powerup later in the story! I’ve always loved this!

But are you sure? You seem to quite like winning.

Aight bro, I won’t let ya down

you know, I kinda wanna try rooting for someone else now

If I can, I’ll gift you my metal bat, permanently imbued with the power of a neutron star within

be careful, it’s a little heavy

Just make sure to speak for me, for I now appoint you as my temporary tournament lawyer.

Love how this fight went from enemies, to reluctant enemies and lastly to buds

boy you two better hope your 4th round matchup if you make there isn’t me

you two are honestly kinda fucked being given the half of the bracket with me and sock in it

the metal bat is a neutron star on a stick lol I think we’re fine

(kinda like a strength weapon on crack cocaine)

I revert the bat to it’s true form, a metal baseball bat

You can’t really do that because it’s been permanently imbued so it’s already kinda in its “truest form” based on my perception of it

but that does make me wonder…

what happens when storm is also imbued onto it?

it’s true form is a metal baseball bat. Imbuements are that: an Imbuement. If I’m capable of forcing an elemental curse user into their flesh and bones form out of their elemental form, a metal baseball bat that isn’t cursed would be even easier

well if fire + lightning = blaze

super heavy sun + wet lightning = …?

well lightning is just plasma, and a sun is just plasma, so it’s just a sun

dude how on earth is your curse not banned because it sounds like you have omnipotence :skull:

because I’m merely smart, not omnipotent. All I can actually do is throw rocks really well, blind people with a laser pointer and hit them over the head with a magnifying glass, unless I bring something in to specifically help with my matchup.

It’s just my rocks run on AA logic because it’s funny, meaning they guarantee a clash win against literally every single projectile that exists, and I have perfect aim from that one epithet trick

Most of my epithet powers aren’t very powerful, they just let my main tools work far better

you should be talking about Sock’s imagination powers

The irony

you can literally just say “and my opponents death was true” and they vanish instantly

why would you need anything else

okay in my defense my curse is braindead but I would’ve been cooked by the singularity curse

anyways, sock’s powers, copy-pasted:

1. the curse

put simply, the imagination curse’s power is to make imagination real. here are some basic examples of what it can do:

• creation by imagining something appearing
  • transformation by imagining something changing
  • effects, sort of like enchantments, like strengthening, quickening, slowing, hardening, slipperiness, or making something inflict burning
  • link: using other people’s imaginations, the curse is able to do actions such as bringing their fears to life to use against them or supporting their abilities. this essentially targets the opponent’s resilience stat directly one thing to keep in mind is that user of this curse is a physics nerd and student, which will grant them some interesting examples for their abilities such as teleportation, portals, and other nerd shit related to physics and space. for some specific examples, check ⁠unknown

my weapons

my chosen weapons include a raincoat, an umbrella at my hip, a graph paper notebook in a coat pocket, and a box of coloured pencils and pins at my other hip

• the raincoat: a lilac raincoat that has been warped by the imagination curse, now looking like a raincoat with design aspects of a knight’s armour. the hydrophobic properties of the raincoat have been enhanced to apply to attacks in general, having them slip off on contact to protect the wearer
  • the umbrella: a dark indigo (practically black) umbrella with a candycane handle that has been warped by the imagination curse, it can now take on several forms. these include a shield with similar properties to the raincoat, a bow that appears to shoot the pole as arrows with the candycane handle becoming the fletching, a chain weapon that can be used to grab and restrain, and a polearm for a more physical melee. in all of these weapons, the exact shape and kind of the blade/weapon bit (commonly formed by the ribs and canopy of the umbrella) is indeterminate as it can shift into multiple kinds (i.e. the polearm can be a halberd or naginata, and the chain weapon can be a chain scythe or bola). it has of course had its durability and attack power enhanced so it doesn’t just break like a regular umbrella
  • the graph paper notebook: a graph paper notebook with a plain lilac cover, it has been enhanced to never run out of pages. upon ripping a page out of the notebook, the page appears to expand until it encompasses both user and opponent, and they “enter” the world of the page, the paper then apparently shrinking and disappearing from the real world as they do. this world appears as blank and white, with a crosshatching of black lines everywhere. there is “ground” to stand on. it is not possible to send only one person into this world, as if there is just one person left it will deactivate and eject anything that entered it. the purpose of this world is essentially to enhance the physics student’s imagination, particularly with the crosshatching lines representing space, allowing for greater and easier control and precision over things like gravity and warping space, as well as a synergy with the coloured pencils.
  • the pins: the pins are cyan push pins. they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to keep something in place and stop it from moving when applied. this gains more efficiency and precision when in the graph world(edited)
  1. [2:08 PM]
  • the coloured pencils: a box of coloured pencils with a large assortment of colours, they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to apply all sorts of effects. there are many pencils, but here are some core examples:
    • red- lightning and plasma
    • orange- fire and explosion
    • yellow- light
    • green- earth and metal
    • blue- shadow and darkness
    • mint- wind and cloud
    • purple- water and ice
    • black- absorption
    • grey- pierce and slash
    • silver- bounce
    • white- reflection
    • ochre- sticky
    • brown- blunt
    • lilac- portal and gravity
    • cyan- speed
    • amber- grab and restrain
    • forest green- wood and plants
    • pink- squishy
    • slate- hard
    • crimson- damage
    • olive green- camouflage and invisibility
    • emerald green- defence and crystals
    • cobalt- healing
    • indigo- size and shape
    • gold- slip
    • bronze- float
    • platinum- expulsion and attraction
    • dark grey- smoke and ash
    • cerulean- magnetism
    • copper- mental
    • aubergine- acid
    • coral- magma
    • lime- flesh and organismsthese pencils are also able to colour objects to give them their properties, which has interesting synergy with the umbrella, raincoat, and notebook. the umbrella and raincoat should be self explanatory. if a page of the notebook is coloured before being ripped out, then, once it is, it will create a world with the properties of that colour, such as an orange page being filled with fire or a mint one having constant strong winds. multiple colours are possible, but each colour won’t be as strong as if it had been a full page instead

You think you can win against a fire extinguisher on a keychain and a metal bat? No, I didn’t think so.
Hit the rocks with the bat, since in baseball your throws being true don’t mean hitting the player or something

holy crap 1.4k comments