Forum Curses: The Second Act

Battle 3

1 - Ray Lumin (TACTICAL ADV + WEAPON ADV[TEMP], PHYSICAL DIS) - Duskwater Curse, Pretty good water gun.
2 - Rami Fjord (None, Curse DEF / RESILIANCE) - Enchantment Curse, Tempered Brick

AT - ToAH Arena, The Eleventh, Nyx District.
Heavy Winds

Curse Strength
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Physical Strength
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Weapon Strength
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Curse Defence
0 voters
Fortitude
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters
Agility
0 voters
Initiative
0 voters
Perception
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Tactical Advantage
0 voters
Adaptability
0 voters
Wildcard: Risk
0 voters

Bio might regret choosing two disadvantages now

1 Like

Battle 4

1 - Tums Tomago (TACTICAL ADV, AGILITY DIS) - Bone Curse, Makeshift flash grenades
2 - Apolo Caelum (PERCEPTION ADV, FORTITUDE DIS) - Singularity Curse, Set square knife

Heavy Winds

Curse Strength
0 voters
Physical Strength
0 voters
Weapon Strength
0 voters
Curse Defence
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Fortitude
0 voters
Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Agility
0 voters
Initiative
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Perception
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Tactical Advantage
0 voters
Adaptability
0 voters
0 voters

Battle 5

1 - Fargo Cantaloupe (AGILITY ADV, TACTICAL DIS) - Nephrite Crystal Curse, Stick
2 - David Blademan (FORTITUDE ADV, RESILIANCE DIS) - Teslaforge Curse, Bookzooka

Heavy Winds

Curse Strength
0 voters
Physical Strength
0 voters
Weapon Strength
0 voters
Curse Defence
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Fortitude
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Agility
0 voters
Initiative
0 voters
Perception
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Tactical Advantage
0 voters
Adaptability
0 voters
0 voters

Battle 6

1 - Joseph Hamn (FORTITUDE ADV, INITIATIVE DIS) - Frostmetal Curse, Fire blanket weight bludgeon
2 - Micah Witerlage (TACTICAL ADV, FORTITUDE DIS) - Storm Curse, Fire extinguisher, keychain, THE NEUTRON BAT

depressing drizzle

Curse Strength
0 voters
Physical Strength
0 voters
Weapon Strength
0 voters
Curse Defence
0 voters

ADV/DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Fortitude
0 voters
Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters
Agility
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Initiative
0 voters
Perception
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Tactical Advantage
0 voters
Adaptability
0 voters
0 voters

Battle 7

1 - Max Pravilna (PERCEPTION ADV, TACTICAL DIS) - Experimental Curse: Epithet of TRUTH, Rocks, magnifying glass, inferior laser pointer.
2 - Lucia Vengarl (ADAPTABILITY ADV, INITIATIVE DIS) - Lunar Curse, Yoyo

Heavy Winds

Curse Strength
0 voters
Physical Strength
0 voters
Weapon Strength
0 voters
Curse Defence
0 voters
Fortitude
0 voters
Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters
Agility
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Initiative
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Perception
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Tactical Advantage
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Adaptability
0 voters
0 voters

Battle 8

1 - Gabriel Banks (None/None) - Explosion Curse, Nerf(ed) Gun
2 - Sage Sage (ADAPTABILITY ADV, PHYSICAL DIS) - Imagination Curse, Various Items (Imbued)

just
idk
grey

Curse Strength
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Physical Strength
0 voters
Weapon Strength
0 voters
Curse Defence
0 voters
Fortitude
0 voters
Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters
Agility
0 voters
Initiative
0 voters
Perception
0 voters
Tactical Advantage
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Adaptability
0 voters
0 voters

read

the curse

the curse

put simply, the imagination curse’s power is to make imagination real. here are some basic examples of what it can do:

• creation by imagining something appearing
  • transformation by imagining something changing
  • effects, sort of like enchantments, like strengthening, quickening, slowing, hardening, slipperiness, or making something inflict burning
  • link: using other people’s imaginations, the curse is able to do actions such as bringing their fears to life to use against them or supporting their abilities. this essentially targets the opponent’s resilience stat directly

one thing to keep in mind is that user of this curse is a physics nerd and student, which will grant them some interesting examples for their abilities such as teleportation, portals, and other nerd shit related to physics and space. for some specific examples, check Discord

my weapons

my weapons

my chosen weapons include a raincoat, an umbrella at my hip, a graph paper notebook in a coat pocket, and a box of coloured pencils and pins at my other hip

the raincoat
  • the raincoat: a lilac raincoat that has been warped by the imagination curse, now looking like a raincoat with design aspects of a knight’s armour. the hydrophobic properties of the raincoat have been enhanced to apply to attacks in general, having them slip off on contact to protect the wearer. this is high marks for fortitude and curse defence
the umbrella
  • the umbrella: a dark indigo (practically black) umbrella with a candycane handle that has been warped by the imagination curse, it can now take on several forms. these include a shield with similar properties to the raincoat, a bow that appears to shoot the pole as arrows with the candycane handle becoming the fletching, a chain weapon that can be used to grab and restrain, and a polearm for a more physical melee. in all of these weapons, the exact shape and kind of the blade/weapon bit (commonly formed by the ribs and canopy of the umbrella) is indeterminate as it can shift into multiple kinds (i.e. the polearm can be a halberd or naginata, and the chain weapon can be a chain scythe or bola). it has of course had its durability and attack power enhanced so it doesn’t just break like a regular umbrella
the graph paper notebook
  • the graph paper notebook: a graph paper notebook with a plain lilac cover, it has been enhanced to never run out of pages. upon ripping a page out of the notebook, the page appears to expand until it encompasses both user and opponent, and they “enter” the world of the page, the paper then apparently shrinking and disappearing from the real world as they do. this world appears as blank and white, with a crosshatching of black lines everywhere. there is “ground” to stand on. it is not possible to send only one person into this world, as if there is just one person left it will deactivate and eject anything that entered it. the purpose of this world is essentially to enhance the physics student’s imagination, particularly with the crosshatching lines representing space, allowing for greater and easier control and precision over things like gravity and warping space, as well as a synergy with the coloured pencils.
the pins
  • the pins: the pins are cyan push pins. they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to keep something in place and stop it from moving when applied. this gains more efficiency and precision when in the graph world
the coloured pencils
  • the coloured pencils: a box of coloured pencils with a large assortment of colours, they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to apply all sorts of effects. there are many pencils, but here are some core examples:
  • red- lightning and plasma
  • orange- fire and explosion
  • yellow- light
  • green- earth and metal
  • blue- shadow and darkness
  • mint- wind and cloud
  • purple- water and ice
  • black- absorption
  • grey- pierce and slash
  • silver- bounce
  • white- reflection
  • ochre- sticky
  • brown- blunt
  • lilac- portal and gravity
  • cyan- speed
  • amber- grab and restrain
  • forest green- wood and plants
  • pink- squishy
  • slate- hard
  • crimson- damage
  • olive green- camouflage and invisibility
  • emerald green- defence and crystals
  • cobalt- healing
  • indigo- size and shape
  • gold- slip
  • bronze- float
  • platinum- expulsion and attraction
  • dark grey- smoke and ash
  • cerulean- magnetism
  • copper- mental
  • aubergine- acid
  • coral- magma
  • lime- flesh and organisms
    these pencils are also able to colour objects to give them their properties, which has interesting synergy with the umbrella, raincoat, and notebook. the umbrella and raincoat should be self explanatory. if a page of the notebook is coloured before being ripped out, then, once it is, it will create a world with the properties of that colour, such as an orange page being filled with fire or a mint one having constant strong winds. multiple colours are possible, but each colour won’t be as strong as if it had been a full page instead.

this has truly been a united kingdom

While the explosion curse has raw power, it just can’t compete with the diversity the imagination curse has

My pure existence was so powerful that I got nerf from the narrator himself

I aint gonna reply a wall of text but if you watched Jojo part 4 then Im Yoshikage Kira. Also gun was probally best option since explosive bullets go brrrrr

you tried bringing an m249 light machine gun to school

2 Likes

I got nerfed by the narration ok?

I think reflection actually has better agility. It’s whole thing is reflecting attacks, which means it pretty much just generates force. Fire curses like phoenix make their flames out of magic energy, so they shouldn’t generate the force that would come from combustion.

1 Like

Sometimes democracy isnt the best for your win

Gonna make my argument here: The lunar curse is just water. That makes it very susceptible to stuff like my critical clashers, laser pointer (though refraction might make it do a few weird stuff, shouldn’t change much tho) and does nothing for the good o’l cold clonk.
Remember, my aim is literally perfect thanks to my curse, which does so through the phrase “and it hit true”. My curse works based off stuff like puns and interpretations of the meaning of the word truth

reminder, they can’t hide in elemental form thanks to some ability that forces the true form of things out, such as a domain expansioned battlefield being turned back into a field, and a curse user in elemental form back into human.

(also how is a yoyo stronger than some well-aimed rocks and a hefty magnifying glass)

Probably a Magic Circularity yoyo

the curse user is lunar, what are they gonna do, make the yoyo soggy?

Yoyo gonna decrease your agility by 0.0582% due to how soggy the yoyo is
(It added weight to your clothing)
And just because its over-stimulating and overly infuriating

Probably a titanium stringed yoyo as well