Furi bosses and a tier list

Boutta make the most unnecessary post of all time on here

If you don’t know what Furi is, I really can’t blame you lmao. Its a game released all the way back in 2016 that is mostly fighting bosses and learning the story of the main character, Rider. I’m making this topic to explain the bosses for no reason at all and give my personal opinions on it.

This has a couple of spoilers for the game, so read if you aren’t gonna play the game.

The Chain

The Chain is the first boss you encounter, who is motivated purely by hatred. This sadistic mf enjoys shocking you while you’re locked up and his dialogue composes of him talking about how he enjoys torturing you (he is just like me fr !!).

The first 3 phases of the boss just introduce you to the mechanics (slashing, shooting, dodging, parrying, charged slashes and charged shots) and then becomes more serious on phase 4 and onward to the last phase (7th).

This 3 masked guy is really cool despite kind of being an asshole and is a pretty cool boss to fight. No other comments really.

The Strap

The Strap is the second boss you fight in the game, who similarly to you is a prisoner placed in the prison to prevent you from going further in. She has no dialogue, which is instead replaced with metallic screeching.

This fucking unicycle lamp head woman is capable of shooting lasers and blasts from her head piece at you and can only do that for the first 2 phases. After this, she gains a scythe to do melee attacks with. 2 phases after this, she uses the scythe to free herself from her fucking wheels and goes full monke mode and crawls around.

This boss is fucking strapped and is a great second boss. The music by Carpenter Brut is also such a banger. This is probably my 2nd favorite boss.

The line

The Line is the 3rd boss you encounter in Furi, who is capable of making fucking tech walls, messing with time, and wields a big ass sword while only having on a loincloth and a pair of headphones. This old man is pretty unhappy with you because your appearance on their planet caused his powers of seeing fates and futures to disappear, but he stays mostly calm during the fight.

This boss’s entire thing is that he is mostly a bullet hell that you make yourself by shooting (which is the only way to get rid of his wall things). In the second and 3rd phases, after you destroy his walls he creates a bunch of orbs and then stops time after a while when you parry him, forcing you to have to weave around the orbs to reach him.

This boss is pretty neutral for me since he gets pretty annoying to fight. Comparing him to other bosses, he’s a bit lame.

The Scale

The scale is the 4th boss you fight in Furi. similarly to the Chain, he is motivated by hate and despair, but is given a bit of a reason as to why. From the dialogue it seems that Rider caused the civilization that The Scale was from to be destroyed when he impacted the planet.

This boss utilizes green blasts and beams that blur your vision when you get hit by them. He also dives into the water to sneak up on you and can create clones of himself that do one attack usually.

This is a really cool boss when you’re not getting your ass kicked in the melee phases (which happened to me) a lot. This is about all i got lmaoo.

The Hand

The hand is the 5th boss you fight in the game, who originally captured you with an army before. The motives of The Hand are unlike the others, where instead of being motivated by hatred or being enraged, he does it to care for his son (who was able to be dragged along into the prison place for some reason).

This boss utilizes shockwaves on the ground mostly and also has a shield to block you when doing attacks normally. In order to attack him, you have to wait for him to use an attack. In the last phase, instead of a bullet hell he instead makes the arena smaller by putting electricity or smth on the ground that covers most of the place.

This guy is cool and all, but i’m kinda sad we don’t get to kill the kid after we kill him. He has a banger theme also made by carpenter brut. That’s about all I got to say.

The Song

The song is the 6th boss in Furi, and she is the person who coordinated the entire idea for the prison you’re trapped inside of. At first when you get to her area in the game, she offers you to end your journey there and live peacefully in her garden. However, you don’t listen to the blonde bitch, so she now decides to fight you to try making you stay.

The Song uses a lot of attack types from other bosses (such as big ass lasers), but also utilizes an arrow rain type ability and also flies off the arena platform for the first 3 phases. In her last phase she creates a shield around herself and makes a bullet hell which has pillars you need to destroy, each time making the bullet hell harder by adding more things (lasers and shockwaves).

This is by far my third favorite boss and I like how she changes from wanting you to give up and live peacefully to wanting you gone so you couldn’t cause more suffering to the planet.

The Burst

The burst is the 7th boss fight in Furi and the 8th guardian in the game (I skipped over one and I will explain that guy later). The burst is a very good fighter and is motivated to fight you to challenge herself. She is shown to be very cocky and is also referred to as a cheater. On a scale of 1 to 10, she’s an 11, and she’d give herself a 12.

This boss is very different from all the other bosses, with some of her things being:

• A big fucking arena which she goes around waiting for you
  • A bunch of simps that she has fight you when she disappears
  • A laser sniper rifle she uses to try sniping you
  • Stealth armor that lets her go invisible

She goes around the arena attempting to snipe you for the first few phases, then leads you to the center of the arena and fights you with melee mostly.

This boss is my absolute most favorite boss even though her bullet hell is incredibly hard. This boss is the boss that got me into Furi and is incredibly fun to fight. Also Carpenter Brut made her theme (I really like Carpenter Brut’s music if you couldn’t tell).

The Edge

The edge is the 8th boss you fight in Furi, and he absolutely kicks ass. Similarly to the Burst, he wanted a challenge, and trained while waiting for you to reach him. He doesn’t hate you at all and really just wants to have a good fight with you. He motivates you in his dialogue and is really cool. 10/10 boss would fight again.

The Edge is the first boss that is entirely melee, and fighting him revolves around reading him and his attacks to wait for an opening. On his 3rd phase he picks up a fucking oar and jumps to a small wooden bridge to fight you on, changing it from a full arena to basically a mortal combat arena.

10/10 bossfight, would fight again. He’s a polite fellow and is really fun to fight when you aren’t getting slapped around by his damage (which is basically the highest damage).

The Beat

The beat is the 9th boss you fight, and the last guardian before you go to the world below. She’s not a good fighter, basically an amateur, and despite having big ass sonic boom blasters on her back She never fucking uses them outside of the cutscene. She’s stupid and thought that she would be the big savior standing “where everyone else has fallen”

She doesn’t ever attack you with melee, she runs on a bunch of platforms and has turrets attack you instead. She then summons a small bullet hell when you reach her in the first 2 phases. On the final phase when you get near the end of the platforms, she uses her pole as a key and fires up a big ass blaster machine which was a last resort to try getting rid of you (it didn’t work lmao).

Honestly I feel very neutral towards this boss, as the game tries making you feel bad on the last phase since she doesn’t fight you and whines about how you’ll destroy the world if she lets you reach it. I feel no remorse slicing this child into bits and pieces.

The Star

The star is the final boss of furi, and is basically your mother or smth. She only fights you if you decide to not go through with destroying the planet, and her entire thing is just that she is a bullet hell. She does talk about how you were a soldier and were made to go to the planet so your civilization could survive.

Absolutely hate this boss, she’s annoying to deal with and is hell to deal with. This is the only boss I switched to easy mode on and I do not feel bad for it. The big head can go fuck itself.

Other guy:

The voice

The voice is the 7th guardian and is the cause for the entire game. He is the architect who built the prison, but decides to free you because he wants to get out of the prison to see his daughter again. He got pretty pissy after finding out the hand was allowed to bring his child and that he was not, so he decided to free the lifeform whose goal is to destroy the world that he lives in so he can escape.

this guy is epic and gives insight on all the bosses, giving remarks such as calling The Burst a cheater and calling The Beat stupid.

Now if you bothered to read and look at the images, I will now give a tier list for my personal rankings on the Furi Bosses.

Anyway this is all the brain capacity i got rn lmao

good night forums

1 Like

Still waiting for the devs to add a cutscene where you kill the hand’s child

Was this topic helpful or nice to read?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

i would bump down the burst and the strap maybe the song slightly aswell, and id bump up the hand aswell as the chain

Back here I got S rank on the burst lets fucking goooo